I applied for a Blue Sky and it has been "in progress" for 3 days :(

They same thing happened when I applied for my Gold Card. Call them up! They are having major problems with their website, so they may not have received the application (at least that is what happened to me).

I applied for delta skymiles gold today after having a clear file. Only one open TL with 90 days of history. :(

Called to check status.. CSR advised me that it looks like I was approved but they needed to confirm employment and to call tomorrow morning because that department closed 7 min ago..

Gahhh.. couldnt get pasties.gif but I most likely got amex??? Weird Eh? I will keep posted on status tomorrow.

Giggidygoo

Why can't I get an AMEX Card ? I just have high utilization but I have the scores....I haven't applied for one though because of the utilization and I need someone to pull EQ. I have 7 inquiries on EQ which I am disputing right now, 4 on YU which will fall off by bumping and 14 on EX (purchased car and home in last 2 yrs...Darn Mortgage and Car loan people...) I don't think Amex will show me any love...Last time I checked my EQ Fico was 671...No lates on with any CRA in the last 10 + plus years and that was school loans only 3 times. The only other bad Negs I have are 2 Providian Chargeoffs on my TU and EX reports....Man they wont go away for another yr.....AMEX where are YOU ?....8]

AMEX where are YOU ?....8]

Patience grasshopper... if you worked on your utilization I'm sure you wouldn't have to wait until next year. But I can understand that you just can't pull the money from your a$$. But remember, 'good things come to those who wait.' Or you can just apply and see what happens.....;)

I can apply and get another inquiry which will kill my score ? Correct ? Plus they don't pull EQ do they....Okay what AMEX Card should I go after or in othe words the easiest one to get ? I'm just going to do it....

i GOT IT i GOT IT !!!!!! woo hooo I just applied for the Delta Amex and BAM $2,000 limit......It took like 2 minutes to do the whole process..WOO-HOO....So Skyfox do you ask for the CL once you get the card ? I need another card but should I not apply for another Amex ? I don't want to wait and they used EX my worse score.....I'm so Happy with my New Amex...I wish it was a clear, Blue or GOLD....But I'm not complaining....xdancex

AMEX RULES !!!!!!!! Just got approved for the Gold Card...The only thing is that it did not give me an amount it just said Congratulations your approved....I'm curious to see for how much....Man Maybe I could have gotten the Blue or Clear....Hey Okay I'm being stingy now.....xguitarx

WOO HOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! Now I need a little higher CL...help me Skyfox....

Nice job tmac01! As soon as you recieve the card register it online. Then go to the CLI link. Most likely, you'll get an increase. If not, then just wait a month. Again, Congrats!!!! Woohoo!

P.S.- You could also ask for one over the phone before you receive the card, but again patience....

Oh and Gold has no pre-set limit. It is a charge card not a revolving LOC.

AMEX RULES !!!!!!!! Just got approved for the Gold Card...The only thing is that it did not give me an amount

Gold doesn't have a limit, but it does have to be paid in full each month.

They approved me for the Blue Sky card. I had to straighten out some confusion on my address, but then the guy said "ok I'll go ahead and approve you, you should have your card in about a week."

I forgot to ask the limit though.

They approved me for the Blue Sky card. I had to straighten out some confusion on my address, but then the guy said "ok I'll go ahead and approve you, you should have your card in about a week."

I forgot to ask the limit though.

Yea! Nice job! Call them back and ask.

I tried and failed. I applied for the Amex free card because I wanted to transfer a balance. They pulled Experian. Here are there reasons:

-Your consumer credit bureau score from Experian is too low

-High utilization of credit lines or insufficient utiliztion information

-Length of time accounts have been established

-Lack of bank account or lack of bank account information

-Derogatory public record or collection filed

-Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high

-too many consumer finance company accounts

I then pulled my Experian credit score: Here's what it said:

Your VantageScore is 654(My other scores are 685 TU and 687 EQ)

Factors that lower your VantageScore:

-Your report does not show any real estate loans with a valid loan amount

-Your report shows that the ratio of balances to credit limits across your open revolving account is too high.

-Your report shows the time since your oldest credit account opened is too short

-Your report has one or more inquires on file.

The negative items on my report are:

Collection-Date opened 1/03, date of status 1/07, reported since 1/07 Balance $237 Unpaid. The other negatives are 2 30 day lates from 2003.

We just refinanced and the new morgage is not showing yet but the payoff is. Also, when I look at my open accounts it has me on 4 of my husbands amex accounts as an authorized user but I don't use and have never used or applied for the accounts.

It's showing my debt with Amex to be 40k and most cards are not showing a limit (most of this is from his business account and his company sends him a check to pay the bill). The balance is also usually not that high. He had to order lots of special equiptment for the project he's on now.

I have 4 credit cards that are mine:

2 Providian cards. One with 6500 limit and the other 2200 with 0 balances.

2 Citi cards. Each with a 22,000 limit. One has a 0 balance and 1 a 17k balance that I'm paying with a 14% interest rate.

Any suggestions? I really need to transfer my 17k debt to a lower interest rate. Until last year when I found this board I had 20k debt for 5 years. The amount never went down. I was able to transer the balance to citi at 0% for 1 year and the debt went down 3k. If I could have done that for the 5 years prior it would be paid off. Before the Citi I had the debt on the providian cards and Beneficial (now closed) all at around 30%.

I really think that AMEX does lean towards salary and if you own a home. I have two chargeoffs with EX and TU and they approved me. My EQ score is flawless. I applied for CITI and Home Depot and they turned me down flat... I think maybe Skyfoxx could be the acception...what do you think Skyfox ? I applied for the Sky Blue but they said they had to make a decision and they would know within the next 48 hrs. I really wanted the Delta ( which I got ) and the Sky Blue but I did get the Gold card.....

This is to all Amex Gold Car owners...How do you use your Gold Card ? I have never had a CC that you have to pay the full amount back at the end of the month. Can you utulize it to raise your credit scores ? I'm not about to Charge $1,000's of dollars on it since it is due at the end of the month. I am almost not sure if I even want to activate it !! Let me know what ya'll think....:)

I use my Gold card to make purchases I normally would use my debit card for, like gas and stuff. However, I'm about to make some large purchases with it, but I have the cash already in the bank.

Has AMEX lowered their requirements for approval? It seems like it's easier to get an AMEX then a citi card.

Perhaps...it seems like they have.