I really think that AMEX does lean towards salary and if you own a home. I have two chargeoffs with EX and TU and they approved me. My EQ score is flawless. I applied for CITI and Home Depot and they turned me down flat... I think maybe Skyfoxx could be the acception...what do you think Skyfox ? I applied for the Sky Blue but they said they had to make a decision and they would know within the next 48 hrs. I really wanted the Delta ( which I got ) and the Sky Blue but I did get the Gold card.....

I don't think owning a home is that important. Neither my mom, sister, nor I own a home. I have 4 cards w/them w/ $70,000 of credit, my mom w/$20,000 and my sister w/ $9,000. I do think utilization and salary play a huge role in the decision.

This is to all Amex Gold Car owners...How do you use your Gold Card ? I have never had a CC that you have to pay the full amount back at the end of the month. Can you utulize it to raise your credit scores ? I'm not about to Charge $1,000's of dollars on it since it is due at the end of the month. I am almost not sure if I even want to activate it !! Let me know what ya'll think....:)

Well I haven't recieved the card yet, but since I do have the green and the gold is basically a more expensive version of that card....I use it for entertainment purposes. I put dinners, clothing, vacations, anything for 'fun.' I always pay my cards in full so all of my CCs are like charge cards. Oh and you do realize you'll be paying a $125 annual fee for the card right?

^Sweet.

How long does it take for reward points to show up on your account after you make a purchase?

After your statement cycle

Fox,

How many AmEx's do you have and how long did you wait before applying for a new card?

I have 4 cards: Blue, Clear, Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest for Business

Applied:

Blue: 12/05

Green: 06/06

Clear: 10/06

SPG: 12/06

Green->Gold: 01/07

Yea! Nice job! Call them back and ask.

$10k!!!

YIPEE!!!

I had been down in the dumps because I closed my Orchard card last week. The annual fee was billed at $59 and I could not get them to waive or even reduce it. The CL was $850 and the lady said she could increase it by $500. BFD!! I was sad because it was my oldest current card (over 2 years), but somehow AMEX has made me feel better about now!!

Fox,

does it normaly take 2 weeks to make a decision on a Amex Jet Blue Card ? What is taking them so long ?

$10k!!!

YIPEE!!!

I had been down in the dumps because I closed my Orchard card last week. The annual fee was billed at $59 and I could not get them to waive or even reduce it. The CL was $850 and the lady said she could increase it by $500. BFD!! I was sad because it was my oldest current card (over 2 years), but somehow AMEX has made me feel better about now!!

Congrats! $10K is great!

Fox,

does it normaly take 2 weeks to make a decision on a Amex Jet Blue Card ? What is taking them so long ?

No it shouldn't. Call them and ask what is going on. They usually tell you what the status is (approved/declined) right away. So give them a call. Like I mentioned before, they are having problems with their website, so if you submitted it online there may be problems with it.

No it shouldn't. Call them and ask what is going on. They usually tell you what the status is (approved/declined) right away. So give them a call. Like I mentioned before, they are having problems with their website, so if you submitted it online there may be problems with it.

Yes they are having computer problems. the person I spoke with said they are doing a lot of upgrading and have been having issues not only with the internet, but also their internal programs. I had to call several times over the last 10 days, but they seem to have it all figured out now.

I got it !!!!! The Blue Sky AMEX CC..$2,000 limit. Thats 3 Amex cards i was approved for in 1 week with two automaticx approvals... I'm not sure if I should keep the gold though because of its annual fee $149 ? WOOOOOHHHHH !! Thats alot and yes they are having problems with their computers. I called and the lady said " let me see what I can do to get this approved." WAMO !!!! Now I need to wait on the cards to ask for a CLI....I LOVE AMEX !!!!!:)

I will say that I have a good payment history of over 10 yrs with only 2 baddies but man Is Amex usually this generous ? I apllied for the Juniper Carnival cruise card and I still haven't heard from them.Can't complain...:p

I will say that I have a good payment history of over 10 yrs with only 2 baddies but man Is Amex usually this generous ? I apllied for the Juniper Carnival cruise card and I still haven't heard from them.Can't complain...:p

Who knows how long the generosity will last? Just get it while you can....Right now Amex is trying to increase their market share. So they are a lot more lenient then they were before (except if you have a bankruptcy, then forget it).

The clear card is the one I really wanted...but I'm stopping at 3 Amex CC's. Luckily I have always known my limits and how to take care of balances. Gotta Pay my Chase CC down a little....but I still want one more CC one with a high CL so I have been looking into DCU since they pull EQ and thats my CR with no baddies and low inqs....Just have to figure out how to become a member of DCU first....sorry to get off the subject....

The clear card is the one I really wanted...but I'm stopping at 3 Amex CC's. Luckily I have always known my limits and how to take care of balances. Gotta Pay my Chase CC down a little....but I still want one more CC one with a high CL so I have been looking into DCU since they pull EQ and thats my CR with no baddies and low inqs....Just have to figure out how to become a member of DCU first....sorry to get off the subject....

Are you keeping the Gold?

What do you think I should Skyfox ? $149 annual fee ? WOW !!!!! It would be nice for gas and small things I would payback at the end of the month but $149 ? I want the Clear..lol... Anyway I am looking for just one more good card through a Credit Union possibly DCU but I am not a member but I have seen them give big CL...I'm gonna go slow with this last CC....:)

What do you think I should Skyfox ? $149 annual fee ? WOW !!!!! It would be nice for gas and small things I would payback at the end of the month but $149 ? I want the Clear..lol... Anyway I am looking for just one more good card through a Credit Union possibly DCU but I am not a member but I have seen them give big CL...I'm gonna go slow with this last CC....:)

Just curious. Yeah $149 is a lot! Good luck w/DCU!

Hey Skyfox I got my Amex Gold card but did not get my Delta or Blue Sky CC...Hmmm I hope they didn't change their mind....I'm just looking at the gold card it looks so nice and classy...$149 to activate it..Its not about having the money to pay that fee its about the fact that its a ridiculous amount to activate a CC that does not have a CL....Oh well I'm gonna pay the $150...It will look nice in my wallet...:mrgreen:

Oh well I'm gonna pay the $150...It will look nice in my wallet...:mrgreen:

Talk about playing right into their hands... I should ban you for that.

Pleas LNY....Don't ban me...Honestly I couldn't live without this site...I would need therapy and I would have withdrawals...:mrgreen: Seriously this site has taught me so much and I think the Gold CC is a good thing because the amount is due at the end of the month. Yes $149 is a lot but once I pay that it will be a good card for me....Don't scare me LNY :)

Hey Skyfox I got my Amex Gold card but did not get my Delta or Blue Sky CC...Hmmm I hope they didn't change their mind....I'm just looking at the gold card it looks so nice and classy...$149 to activate it..Its not about having the money to pay that fee its about the fact that its a ridiculous amount to activate a CC that does not have a CL....Oh well I'm gonna pay the $150...It will look nice in my wallet...:mrgreen:

I know it is a bit superficial, but I agree, it does look so good in my wallet! I remember when I used to look longingly at other people's Amexes and would just sigh. I never thought I would get one, but now I do! Congrats on the Gold. It is a great card!