Wow Spray !! I can't wait to get my Delta Sky and Blue Sky in the mail so I can see if they will up my CL. Does it ask you how much you want to up your CL too ? I called Amex today and they said that for safety reasons they have to spread out sending you your cards so I'm just waiting...Congrats...Ihope they up both my CC's to that amount...:mrgreen:

Yes it asks you what you want your new CL to be and it asks your income. That's all. I have read here that there is a "long" form that some people have had pop up and that if you use that one it will pull an inquiry.

Hey Sky,

I got the Blue Sky today. I activated it online and then asked for a bimp to $15k. I GOT IT!!!!

That's awesome! It is so good to hear other's successes with Amex. It just makes me love them even more.

Wow Spray !! I can't wait to get my Delta Sky and Blue Sky in the mail so I can see if they will up my CL. Does it ask you how much you want to up your CL too ? I called Amex today and they said that for safety reasons they have to spread out sending you your cards so I'm just waiting...Congrats...Ihope they up both my CC's to that amount...:mrgreen:

I hope they do too...we've got to keep this ball rolling! :mrgreen:

Got my Delta Amex CR today and registered on line as well....I had a $2,000 CL I asked for a total of $10,000 and it approved it....How much should you ask for ? I have my Jet Blue Aex CC on the way and I have been looking for a CC with a $15,000- $20,000 CL.....If you ask for too much will they just give you less or turn you down ? Your the expert with Amex Skyfox :)

Got my Delta Amex CR today and registered on line as well....I had a $2,000 CL I asked for a total of $10,000 and it approved it....How much should you ask for ? I have my Jet Blue Aex CC on the way and I have been looking for a CC with a $15,000- $20,000 CL.....If you ask for too much will they just give you less or turn you down ? Your the expert with Amex Skyfox :)

Well, I'm flattered about the whole "expert" comment, but YMMV. I say for the initial CLI go for 20K. I think the problem most people have is that they don't ask for enough( just don't get carried away and ask for 50K or something!!). I recently got my SPG for Business and only asked for 10K. I should have asked for 20K. Anyways, most likely they will give it too you. As long as you are paying on time, they will continue to give much love. If they do happen to turn you down, remember that you haven't really lost anything. You don't even get a hard pull. So, no harm no foul. Go for it.

So Skyfox once you ask for a CLI do you have to wait the standard 6 months to ask for another one ? I mean am I stuck with 10k for 6 months ? Or can I ask for the other 10k now ? If not I'll wait for my Blue Sky CC to come in...Also activated the Gold CC...:)

So Skyfox once you ask for a CLI do you have to wait the standard 6 months to ask for another one ? I mean am I stuck with 10k for 6 months ? Or can I ask for the other 10k now ? If not I'll wait for my Blue Sky CC to come in...Also activated the Gold CC...:)

You can get one and only one CLI per month. So exaclty 30 days from you last CLI you can go request more.

Skyfox does Amex counter offer your request or do they just plain turn you down. What I am afraid of is if I ask for 20k and they say no then I have to wait 30 days to ask for 15k or 20k. If you ask for 20k and its too much for them will they still approve you but for less or is it just a hit and miss thing ? Either you get it or you don't ? Thanks Skyfox :)

Skyfox does Amex counter offer your request or do they just plain turn you down. What I am afraid of is if I ask for 20k and they say no then I have to wait 30 days to ask for 15k or 20k. If you ask for 20k and its too much for them will they still approve you but for less or is it just a hit and miss thing ? Either you get it or you don't ? Thanks Skyfox :)

Good question. I have read on other boards that they counteroffer, sometimes. I'm not quite sure because I've never had one. Worst case scenario- you have to wait another month to apply for a lower limit. Or you could start off with 15K. Do what you feel comfortable with.

I got $20,000 from Amex....WOO HOO !!!!!! Okay I talked to the lady in the CLI department at Amex and she said " You can ask for a million dollars if you want but we make a decision and counter offer if we think you are asking for more than you can handle. So I asked for $20,000 and I got it..Man I should have asked for $20,000 with my Delta CC. I wonder what would happen if you applied for a CLI again ? Where does it say you have to wait a month or 30 days ? So Amex has given me $30,000 in two days....I LOve Amex and they Love me too !!!!! :D

I got $20,000 from Amex....WOO HOO !!!!!! Okay I talked to the lady in the CLI department at Amex and she said " You can ask for a million dollars if you want but we make a decision and counter offer if we think you are asking for more than you can handle. So I asked for $20,000 and I got it..Man I should have asked for $20,000 with my Delta CC. I wonder what would happen if you applied for a CLI again ? Where does it say you have to wait a month or 30 days ? So Amex has given me $30,000 in two days....I LOve Amex and they Love me too !!!!! :D

Congrats!! 20K is a great limit! But you do have to wait 30 days. I know from experience. I would go online and try to get a CLI a fews days after my first one and it wouldn't let me. A message came up saying, "your request is being processed. You will receive a letter within 7-10 days." When I received the letter it stated that I was declined for a CLI because I had recieved one in the past 30 days. Hope this helps!

Yeah I tried it Skyfox and it brought up a message stating that I had already asked for a CLI within the last 30 days. It stated to try again in 30 days....I'm gonna shoot real high next time so I can gauge where my limit is...My salary is pretty good so I think they base it on that more than anything because my scores are not fabulous.....Is Amex getting easy for some reason ? Maybe they are up to something ....:confused:

I was applying for the Gold card I was told that I could not upgrade my Green; I had to apply for a new card. So I hung up and decided to wait. Later, I saw an awesome deal for new Amex gold customers (no annual fee for 1yr and 10,000 points) so I decided to apply. While I was talking to the CSR, I asked if it was possible to upgrade my green to a gold. She told me yes, it just depended on the type of green card you had. So I asked her to cancel the application and to just upgrade my green. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up with both an upgraded green and a new gold card! So now I have two gold cards! As soon as I get my 10,000 points I will cancel the new card. I don't really feel like paying $250 to keep both cards. $125 is more than enough!

I'm telling you Skyfox Amex is giving out Credit left and right...Everyone should apply :mrgreen:

Now that I have my Blue I really don't want my Delta. I will never use it and I don;t want to pay the annual fee. Is there such a thing as moving my CL from Delta to Blue to increase the total limit on Blue? If yes I will do it and close the Delta. Or, do I have to just close Delta and keep asking for CLI on my blue?

Now that I have my Blue I really don't want my Delta. I will never use it and I don;t want to pay the annual fee. Is there such a thing as moving my CL from Delta to Blue to increase the total limit on Blue? If yes I will do it and close the Delta. Or, do I have to just close Delta and keep asking for CLI on my blue?

Yes, it is called reallocation. You could move all of it over to your Blue and that would close the account. You should be able to do it online under account services.

I'm telling you Skyfox Amex is giving out Credit left and right...Everyone should apply :mrgreen:

Hopefully this post will speak for itself!!! :mrgreen:

Yes, it is called reallocation. You could move all of it over to your Blue and that would close the account. You should be able to do it online under account services.

Sky your knowledge of AMEX is getting scarry!!

Unfortunately:

We're Sorry...

We are currently upgrading our site to improve American Express Online Services. During this time you may experience intermittent system delays.

Yeah Spray I actually think that because Amex 's system being all screwed up is letting them approve crazy amounts.....I need about 3 wks to at east get a CLI on both my CC's. I have the Delta but I wish I had a Blue or Clear...I have the Jet Blue :mrgreen: Hey Sky do you work for Amex ? :mrgreen: Seriously Sky how many Amex CC's do you have and is it harder to get the Blue and the Clear ? Thanks....

Looks like the system is back up this morning. I had to leave $1000 on Delta, but I was able to move the rest. Is there a max AMEX will go on one card? I know a financial review is a possibility with them at some point. Is it typically based on overall limits or the limit on one card? Probably both I would guess, but I want to figure out if I close Delta and keep raising the limit on Blue Sky at what point am I asking for trouble?

Have any self employed people had a FR? Will they only accept tax returns? For mortgages etc I do stated income and/or provide bank statements. Never tax returns.... I guess my accountant does to good of a job :-)

Sky your knowledge of AMEX is getting scarry!!

Unfortunately:

We're Sorry...

We are currently upgrading our site to improve American Express Online Services. During this time you may experience intermittent system delays.

What can I say? I love Amex!!!

Yeah Spray I actually think that because Amex 's system being all screwed up is letting them approve crazy amounts.....I need about 3 wks to at east get a CLI on both my CC's. I have the Delta but I wish I had a Blue or Clear...I have the Jet Blue :mrgreen: Hey Sky do you work for Amex ? :mrgreen: Seriously Sky how many Amex CC's do you have and is it harder to get the Blue and the Clear ? Thanks....

Well I have 5 Amex: 2 gold, blue, clear, and SPG for business. And getting Blue and/or Clear is only slightly harder. I think with your history tmac you could get it. My Mom has had her delta for about 3-4 months and she was just approved for Blue with a $10,000 CL. However, she has spent about $2,000/month PIF. So, YMMV. So whenever you are ready go for it. And no I don't work for them, but I wish I did! Then I would come back here and tell you the really good stuff...! :mrgreen:

Looks like the system is back up this morning. I had to leave $1000 on Delta, but I was able to move the rest. Is there a max AMEX will go on one card? I know a financial review is a possibility with them at some point. Is it typically based on overall limits or the limit on one card? Probably both I would guess, but I want to figure out if I close Delta and keep raising the limit on Blue Sky at what point am I asking for trouble?

Have any self employed people had a FR? Will they only accept tax returns? For mortgages etc I do stated income and/or provide bank statements. Never tax returns.... I guess my accountant does to good of a job :-)

Once you start to get around the 30K mark, they start to take a closer look. Now it doesn't mean that you will get a FR (I have two cards at 30K) but CLI get a little harder to come by. They don't like it when you try to allocate too much to one card. To be on the safe side I would stay with a max of 30K on each card (or less to be really safe). But again YMMV. And self employed people have gotten FR. And they decide what they require. Sometimes tax returns, sometimes it just takes them calling your bank to verify balances. My advice: no matter what you want to do with Amex, call them up and TELL them what you want to do. They don't feel as surprised and don't overeact. So if you want to transfer everything over to Blue, call them up and tell them that you really just want the blue card. I think it will save you a whole lot of drama.