Obviously the love continues...

I was just approved for my very first American Express at $1000. Received $500 CLI with no hard pull.

Although, I received no love from their website. I was denied for delta and blue. Reason: low scores too many new accounts... yadaa yadda yadda. ;)

I went through USAA. I have a $5k mastercard with them and figured I'd get an instant denial for the AmEx but I was approved after they gave the 7-10 day notice. Haven't received my card yet but the $1500 is shown on my account. :D

I'm gonna try the CLI every 30 days as you guys have so wish me luck. ;) I jumped from $500 to $5000 with my USAA mastercard at 6 months. I thought maybe I'd get another shot at increase at 12 months but nothin... blah. lol Maybe my USAA Amex will show more love. :D

Sky in your opinion which CC is better the Blue or the Clear ?

Well although I love racking up membership points, I do believe Clear is the better card. No fees whatsoever and an automatic rewards system. You don't have to redeem anything or decide what reward you want. It is just cold hard cash (well a gift card to be exact, but hey it works) sent to your door everytime you spend $2500 or more. As I mentioned before I just got a $75 card in the mail. And there is no limit on how much you can earn. It is just a great card.

I was just approved for my very first American Express at $1000. Received $500 CLI with no hard pull.

Although, I received no love from their website. I was denied for delta and blue. Reason: low scores too many new accounts... yadaa yadda yadda. ;)

I went through USAA. I have a $5k mastercard with them and figured I'd get an instant denial for the AmEx but I was approved after they gave the 7-10 day notice. Haven't received my card yet but the $1500 is shown on my account. :D

I'm gonna try the CLI every 30 days as you guys have so wish me luck. ;) I jumped from $500 to $5000 with my USAA mastercard at 6 months. I thought maybe I'd get another shot at increase at 12 months but nothin... blah. lol Maybe my USAA Amex will show more love. :D

Congrats on the approvals! USAA is not as 'easy' with the CLI. But, (back on topic :) ) Amex is. So just continue to ask for more love every month.

Correction: USAA Amex only allows you to ask for a CLI every 4 months. You can not ask for an increase every 30 days.

Well, I reached my 30 day mark for the beloved CLI and I asked for 40k. I was informed that for this amount I would have to submit financial documents. So although this wasn't a financial review, I've reached the undocumented CLI ceiling at 30k. So unless I submit tax documents, I will only have 30k. Not that I'm complaining. I just asked for 40k out of curiosity. But I am very happy with my limits.

Which one?

Well, I reached my 30 day mark for the beloved CLI and I asked for 40k. I was informed that for this amount I would have to submit financial documents. So although this wasn't a financial review, I've reached the undocumented CLI ceiling at 30k. So unless I submit tax documents, I will only have 30k. Not that I'm complaining. I just asked for 40k out of curiosity. But I am very happy with my limits.

Good to know!

Which one?

I applied for the USAA American Express. I've had the USAA Mastercard for over a year so maybe that is why I was approved. When I applied through the American Express website I was denied for several of them for all kinds of reasons.

I applied for the USAA American Express. I've had the USAA Mastercard for over a year so maybe that is why I was approved. When I applied through the American Express website I was denied for several of them for all kinds of reasons.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Man Amex will not let you pay your bill ahead of time. I tried paying off my CC's and they said " you have no balance due at this time," and wouldn't let me pay it online.....Thats a bummer...:-(

Man Amex will not let you pay your bill ahead of time. I tried paying off my CC's and they said " you have no balance due at this time," and wouldn't let me pay it online.....Thats a bummer...:-(

That's true, but if you really want to pay, call CS. They can do it over the phone.

No love from AMEX here but they said in the letter that people always tend to get approved later on so I should apply again when my circumstances changes.:?

No love from AMEX here but they said in the letter that people always tend to get approved later on so I should apply again when my circumstances changes.:?

Hang in there! Amex will eventually show you LUV! :)

Just wanted to tell everyone my exp. with American Express. Applied 2/4/07.They pulled experian. Gave me $5700 with my Fico score of 795. A little low but I was happy. Activated yesterday kicked credit limit up to 10K.Yea,I am loving them a lot now! I have the blue amerex.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just wanted to tell everyone my exp. with American Express. Applied 2/4/07.They pulled experian. Gave me $5700 with my Fico score of 795. A little low but I was happy. Activated yesterday kicked credit limit up to 10K.Yea,I am loving them a lot now! I have the blue amerex.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Way to Go! Isn't that luv button great?

I'm counting the days to up my limits....15 more to go :) I went from $2,000 on my Delta to $10,000 cause I didn't know better then on my Blue I went from $2,000 to $20,000.....I'm going to aim for the Skyfox $30,000 limit on both cards in two weeks.....Can't wait....:mrgreen:

Hey Skyfox hav you transfered any of your balances to your Amex CC's to better your utilization ? I have a Visa and Mastercard that both have $5,000 limits with around $1,000 left on them. I want to raise my Credit score so I'm thinking of transfeing some funds from my Visa and MC to my Amex...What do you think ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yea Amex rules.I applied for them,discover,chase freedom,and citi diamond all at the same time.I am going to try and use Amex limit as leverage on other cards and see what there response is.

Hey Skyfox hav you transfered any of your balances to your Amex CC's to better your utilization ? I have a Visa and Mastercard that both have $5,000 limits with around $1,000 left on them. I want to raise my Credit score so I'm thinking of transfeing some funds from my Visa and MC to my Amex...What do you think ?

Well I only have 1 card with a balance on it- a Visa with a $1500 balance @ 0% until September. So I really don't carry balances unless it is at 0%. When dealing with balances I think you should make sure you are making the best financial decision. Is Amex offering the lowest rate? Unless you need a boost in your scores because you want to purchase a house, finding the lowest interest rate should be priority #1. If Amex is the lowest then go for it!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yea Amex rules.I applied for them,discover,chase freedom,and citi diamond all at the same time.I am going to try and use Amex limit as leverage on other cards and see what there response is.

Good luck!

I'm counting the days to up my limits....15 more to go :) I went from $2,000 on my Delta to $10,000 cause I didn't know better then on my Blue I went from $2,000 to $20,000.....I'm going to aim for the Skyfox $30,000 limit on both cards in two weeks.....Can't wait....:mrgreen:

Let the countdown begin!

I know it sounds like we are od'ing but one must be responsible when messing with CL's. As for me I will hold $30,000 on my CR's ut I would never use that amount nor could i afford those payments.....But you gotta Love Amex handing out the high CL's...Realisticly not many CC companies give big CL's.....

No love from AMEX here, turned down even after sending paperwork in and talking to a supervisor....

This is what gets me, a quote from skyfox from another thread.

Way to go! I know I'm jealous, I would love a Citi card! Congrats!

I have just recieved a Signature Citi card with a $4,000 limit. But was turned down for an AMEX Blue......

I'll never figure out this "who can get a credit card game"