New Millineium Dumped

lucky1645

I have a burning question, I have a CC with a 23.33% Interest Rate. I want to pay off (only owe $56) and then close the account. What is the best way to inform the CC company I no longer want their business, and not have an adverse CC report from them:twisted:

If they don't charge you a fee to keep it open from year to year, the best way to close it is simply not to use it. If they do charge a fee, then don't renew it next year. Having a $0 balance CC will not hurt you in any way...

(I've heard of people cutting the card into little pieces and mailing it in their last statement along with a note saying "Cancel". The problem is, payments are usually opened by people who don't really care, so the chances of your message getting through are slim. Your best bet would be to call their "customer support" and talk to a supervisor...be sure to get names.)