Where do I start?

elijah_77

I am not sure if i have made a mistake by paying he lexington law company or should I have dont things myself. I paid them last week to start repairing my credit.

Since I have paid them I continue to search the internet read books and try to do as much research as possible. After finding this site I am not sure if i rushed in paying a company to do what I could Do my self. My scores are in the Low 500 and I have a chapter 13 that was discharded in 2003. I have a few 60 to 90 late on student loans and a few charge offs.

My question is would i hurt myself tying to call and dispute and send letters after i have paid this company to do it for me? Also does anyone have any tips to help me get over 600 so i can get a mortgage by april of 2007? any help will be greatly appreciated

Did you sign a contract with this firm? If so, what all does the contract say as far as what they'll do/not do, etc?

In general, these firms tend to make things worse. You should go over to the Attorney General or Federal Trade Commission's websites and do some research. I truly hope that this won't happen with you. I guess you may as well let them do whatever "job" they're going to do. Call them regularly though to see how things are going. JMHO.

On the other hand, if you can get out of it-you may want to try-maybe someone else here will have some better ideas for you. As far as boosting your credit scores you'll need to find/obtain some kind of positive tradeline for that-secured credit card mainly. I have the same scores you do and am finding it impossible to get a credit card and since I don't have an extra 300.00 laying around, well I can't do secured either.

Good luck though. Wish I could've been more help.

Elyse

you might want to try to get the orchard bank card. I was able to get one with a 20 dollar processing fee

Well, I went and checked it out. I filled out the questionaire and they said I was "likely to be approved for the secured card." They asked for 200.00 for a "savings deposit" for the card. I'm happy to report, I had this amount-although just BARELY. What I'm realizing is, we have to make sacrifices to improve ourselves financially AND credit wise.

Anyway-we'll see what happens. I guess they could always say I am not approved and toss my money back at me. We'll see soon.

Thanks for that extra little push...

Elyse

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/creditpulls/ If you go to this link once you join the group the have a database on the right hand side of the page that allows you to do a search on companys that give credit based on credit score. scores in the low 500 up to 600 If you need help getting to it let me know. hope this helps.