Disputed accounts on credit

Guest kbrady68

Guest kbrady68

I filed ch 7 bankruptcy in 2001. One credit card co has sold my account **Several** times to collection agancies. Each time it is sold the "new" collection agency reports it. Heres my problem, each time a new collection agency reports it, they assign their own account number to it, so when I try to dispute it through the 3 agencies, they cant see where i filed ch 7 on it because the account #'s dont match. I have tried explaining it over & over, have disputed it MANY times and dont know what to do from here. please help. I have been building new credit since filing and this is KILLING me.

I'm guessing you're going to have to sue somebody to get this stopped.

If the account was included in bankruptcy (IIB), then the original creditor (OC) selling it for further collection was a violation of bankruptcy law. On the other hand, if it was already sold, then its the next junk debt buyer (JDB) who shouldn't have sold it.

I bet what's happened is its been resold many times...the OC sold it to JDB 1 who couldn't collect and then sold it to JDB 2 and so on. These people usually buy and sell in bulk and don't pay much attention to details. You're going to have to write the latest (CMRRR) and point out that if indeed this was your debt (don't admit it if you don't have to), then it was IIB and any further attempt to collect (including them reselling) will be reported to the courts.