How to get a REAL FICO SCORE???

Jerky

I've been to the 3 CRA's to get my scores as well as going through MyFICO's site and I was relatively happy with them. - Eq 684 / Ex 694 / Tu 606

I just recently opened a new savings account with a credit union and my Equifax score was 648! Now I ran my EQ score with MyFICO two weeks before and my score was 682, I ran it again 2 weeks after and it was 684.

I cant believe it went down and then back up in that time so what's the deal here!?

How come the bank is giving me such a lower score? I saw it on the report the bank pulled by the way, so I know they were'nt just jerking me around.

Well its not worth spending $15 on if your going in thinking you have almost a 700 to be told your off by 50 points. It's all a big friggin scam! I want my money back!!

i ran my equifax score on myfico.com the night before i went in to the bank and when they pulled it, it was the same exact score... so ummm i dont know

We are trying to get a handle on posting and highjacking.

And to answer the OP- FICO offers many different models. There are models for mortgage lenders, credit cards, utilities, insurance, and any other industry you can think of. The scores generated by them can vary depending on your particular history and on which model they use.

Jerky: Consumers never have access to the same scores that lenders receive. It's not a scam. ALL credit scores are calculations based on the data in your consumer files. Used to be that scores were not available to consumers at all. Now that was a scam. So, the software providers (starting with FICO) made a number available to us. But the scores sold to us can not, will not have the same orientation to a specific industry the way that scores provided to lenders do. So the # you get will always vary.

It's not just you. Like divemedic posted: If you go to a car dealership, the # you get there will differ from a mortgage company. That # will differ from a bank's score pulled for a credit card, etc., etc.

Think of it as a good reason not to focus on that specific number. Do the things that build a positive score and you will have the number you need when you need it.