Got up the courage...

...and the $$ to apply for the "Orchard" secured card. I did this online and paid the 200.00 to open the savings acct via "Intermountain Comm. Bank." Whew...I am NERVOUS. But I did fill out the questionaire and they said this was the card I was "likely" to be approved for. They could still toss my money back at me and tell me to beat feet.

Could you folks please say a prayer for me? I'd appreciate it. It's ok if you don't have time to respond to this post.

This process has been SOOO slow going for me. I started this credit repair stuff a couple yrs back and had some set backs (hubby laid off, budgeting issues, etc). At any rate, here I am attempting to attain a positive tradeline. GAWD I hope I get this card.

TIA! Sorry for whining...but gosh it seems like forever I've been at this. Credit scores took a dive BACK to the low 500's, high 400's--(I think one credit bureau still has mid 500's) the highest I ever saw was mid 500's--slow going, but I know I can get there. I'm so nervous.

Elyse

...and the $$ to apply for the "Orchard" secured card. I did this online and paid the 200.00 to open the savings acct via "Intermountain Comm. Bank." Whew...I am NERVOUS. But I did fill out the questionaire and they said this was the card I was "likely" to be approved for. They could still toss my money back at me and tell me to beat feet.

Could you folks please say a prayer for me? I'd appreciate it. It's ok if you don't have time to respond to this post.

This process has been SOOO slow going for me. I started this credit repair stuff a couple yrs back and had some set backs (hubby laid off, budgeting issues, etc). At any rate, here I am attempting to attain a positive tradeline. GAWD I hope I get this card.

TIA! Sorry for whining...but gosh it seems like forever I've been at this. Credit scores took a dive BACK to the low 500's, high 400's--(I think one credit bureau still has mid 500's) the highest I ever saw was mid 500's--slow going, but I know I can get there. I'm so nervous.

Elyse

You don't need luck because you are going to get that card. :)

The Orchard Secured was the first card I applied for also.

Hi folks,

Thanks again. These typed words don't do justice how thankful I am for your support! :)

On the other hand, I may have bad news? I checked today to see the status and it said, "under review, you'll hear from us in 10-14 days..." eek. So, I'm going to call. Going to get proactive because hey, I forgot about that 90 day ID theft thingy on my credit reports!!! I can be so daft at times, lol.

Elyse

Apparently calling was the thing to do! After doing the run around with the automated junk, I finally got ahold of a representative and told her about my situation with the ID Fraud alert. She was very understanding and kind and noticed that I was calling from the number listed on my credit reports.

She went through a series of questions w/ me and said once the check clears for my deposit, they'll send me the card! :)

WHOO-HOOOO...I am officially on the road to feeling less helpless! Thanks again, folks! If it wasn't for you folks here, I couldn't have even made it THIS far, so a heartfelt thanks to each of you.

Elyse

• 2 weeks later...