W&A validation response

Not too sure about last payment but I think it was the statement that they sent (that doesn't sound too good to me) so that was about April '03. I live in a 6yr sol state so I know it is not sol. I really dread Wolpoff and do not want to tangle with them (too late I know!). What do they usually settle for? Thanks again for ANY info!

Sorry that no one else has responded. I'm not sure I have an exact answer for you, but...

No, they probably don't have anything else. When debts are sold to a JDB, usually its only a name, SS#, and amount on a list. SO...if they do decide to sue, the evidence they have at this point is slim. However, that doesn't mean that you would win in court.

It sounds like they've given you little more than "account stated" info. You can do a search on the (use the search button above), for how to respond. Basically, I'd suggest you DV then yet again (perhaps using some of the info from the form letter on the "Debt Validation" sticky above...not exact, because you don't want them to blow you off for using a "form" letter). In your next DV, explain to them what it is that you expect for proof and point out that if they don't respond quickly, you expect them to get lost or you'll seek legal advice.

Will this work? Don't know. But I do know that before I would hand over any money to a JDB, they'd have to prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt they had the right to collec.

First thing I would have done even in my Validation request would be to have them send a Certified to be a True Copy of the original Binding Arbitration Agreement signed by both parties that allowed for an Arbitration. Arbitration agreements are binding with two signatures Your's and Theirs! W&A are not part of that agreement and never will be. IMHO, I would need a Binding Arbitration Agreement Certified by someone from the Original Creditor and not anything less, nobody else has first hand knowledge of the Binding Arbitration Agreement. Just my Thoughts! I've used that same strategy on Mann Bracken and have complete silence for 4 years!