Need HELP!! Being Sued need to know what to do

Guest guidance91

Guest guidance91

Hi my husband just received a summons in the mail to appear in court. He's being sued by a representative creditor for Apple. original loan was for $2,000 with interest they are suing him for over 3 i believe. My question is- How should I proceed? I've already called attorney but have not gone to court as of yet looking to go tomorrow have to respond within 20 days. They want me to pay 1200 dollars a month. Impossible I have 5 kids! Do I have to pay the interest? please advise

Hello Guidance 91,

Welcome aboard to this site!

Be sure and read all the topic headings on the forum web site so that you can better understand the language and information. If you can not find a particular topic you can do a simple “search” above this page. Last, but not least, the members are here to help a newbie.

ALSO READ THIS STICKY!!!

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242744

Quote-Hi my husband just received a summons in the mail to appear in court. He's being sued by a representative creditor for Apple.

Quote-original loan was for $2,000 with interest they are suing him for over 3 i believe.- Quote

How old is this debt? It may have run out on the SOL, read "Statue of Limitations"above this page. This is a biggy for your defense. This also may answer your question about the interest…

Quote-My question is- How should I proceed? -Quote

Read "Vacating Judgments" above this page. See about court procedures especially in your state and town laws.

Quote-I've already called attorney but have not gone to court as of yet looking to go tomorrow have to respond within 20 days. -Quote

If you take the time to read all of the topics here you maybe able to find your steps for confronting this issue without an attorney. Many of the members including myself have dealt with court summons.

Quote-They want me to pay 1200 dollars a month. Impossible I have 5 kids! Do I have to pay the interest? please advise –Quote

Who is “they” want me to pay 1200 dollars a month? If it’s the attorney, you might be able to do the steps here on your own. There are many members here who can help and share their experiences with you. Hope this helps a bit.

Take care.

Suki