*@#$^&**@#$^&&*!!!

Equifax and Experian both have me steaming mad today. I sent in valid disputes over 30 days ago. The response from Experian is an "updated" credit report and on the first page where it is supposed to reference my disputes, and state its response, the section is literally blank. Then the report reads just as it did before the dispute.

Equifax replied with their 4th request for proof of my identity in one year, ignoring the fact that I included proof of identity with my disputes. In addition, since I have two disputes that should be under investigation, I have no idea which dispute this "request for proof of identity" is in reference to.

When I called and asked about this, they said I have no items under investigation.

Any suggestion on how to deal with these stall tactics?

All you can do is file complaints with your AG and the FTC unless you want to sue them.

Sooner or later someone is gonna get fed up enough with this to sue them for damages and injuctive relief. But until there is some case history against them for pulling this, most people won't have a hammer to use on them.

Hi Determined,

It sounds like someone just "dumped" your disputes. I'd go ahead and re-send my disputes, this time having them notarized and possibly sent CMRRR--now I know most folks don't recommend using CMRRR for CRA's, but you could include a friendly letter stating that you're concerned they aren't receiving your communications.

As a side note; did you dispute online *at all?" Many times they give you some kind of "tracking number" and I was just wondering if you had one of those to refer to.

Than again, there's also USPS monitoring of whatever that is--where you mail something (registered?) and you can track it online and get the receipt date and such?

Make sure to include your ID info and details for BOTH disputes with BOTH organizations when you send your CMRRR. I'm sorry this is happening, it must be really frustrating. Don't give up!

Elyse

Thanks for the support and advice. I followed many of the usual proactive steps to ensure the disputes were tracked. They received them - and ignored them. Equifax has done this repeatedly with me. I'll take the advice from both of you, and re-send, this time adding a notarized letter, sending again CMRRR, and complaints to my AG and the FTC.

Grrrr.....