Need Advise

mzsyd

I've been following the boards for a while now although, I am picking up on things from the board I am still lost. My current scores are all in the 500's.

I have two charge offs one with cap 1 ($1700) and the other with citi ($5640) the SOL for these accts are will end mid 2008. Should I settle or wait? I am unable to pay off a lump sum.

I have two paid collections. I have diputed them but the bureaus noted paid legally after collection. One shows up twice on my report once as a negative, and once as a positive. While one stays in the negative accts. What should I do?

I have a collection acct OC Best buy that shows on my report which is now sold to LVNV. Which has now been sold to Northland Group Inc. Both best buy household and LVNV shows as negs on my reports. Is this normal that both the OC and CA show on the report?

I also have 23 inquires when I was car shopping.

The good thing is...while repairing I have been rebuilding my credit

1st premier card $300 using 105 of it

Household card $300 using 100 of it

Authorized user on my brothers cc limit of 2,000

Installment car loan of 13,000

All of which is current and in good standing

What else can I do to improve my score? Thank you for in advance for your inputs!

Guest FloridaDebtor

"I also have 23 inquires when I was car shopping."

when you do shopping like for a car in a short period of time, they group them together and they all dont count against you seperately. its not like you have 23 hits on that portion. more like one. but i think it depends on how long of a period in between them it is....i have been told this and i think i read this somewhere else along with something on my CR....

Guest FloridaDebtor
It is pretty recent and within one month time frame. I pulled my credit report it does not show as one. All hits are counted as a separate hit.

what i meant was, they might be listed seperately, but each one will count as one hit and not 23 hits....kinda like when you shop around for insurance and apply for a quote...they will pull a report but someones cr would drop alot if they count them seperately. if you look on your cr, it states which ones are counted against your score and some do not affect your score.