Goodwill & Dispute Letter?

jenny28

Can I send out goodwill adjustment requests to my creditors and at the same time send out a dispute letter on the same account to the credit bureaus?

For example, I have a Bank of America account with 3 30-day late records. It was my fault that the payments are late, but I was told to send a dispute letter to the Big 3 anyways in hopes that it would change. Well, they all send back a letter saying that BOA had validated these late payments. So, I now want to try sending out a goodwill letter to Bank of America, but I was told to continue sending disputes as well. I'm very confused as to what to do next.

Disputing every month will only get you a "frivolous dispute" response. Hold off on the dispute [4 now] but send the GW letter and wait to hear back from BOA. If 2 or 3 months pass by w/o a response, you can either send another letter to another higher-up or hold off on the GW & dispute again. If these are closed accounts, then you could risk having the entire TL deleted if you dispute late pays. If they are still open, then you won't be risking much.