Information needed

elijah_77

can anyone tell me where i can find the ebook? that i here eveyone talking about? Also, Can anyone tell me how long they think it will take to go from low 500 to high 600? I have:

Experian

3 charge off

2 120 days late on student loan

4 collections

equifax

3charge off

4 collections

1 judgement

1 chapter 13 discharged in 2002

Transunion

3 charge offs

7 collections

1 chapter 13

2 120 days late on student loan

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

There are many who successfully disputed all of their undesirable entries at once. I never have and probably wouldn't, but that's my call.

You will find that others have a different take on this, however. Out of curiosity, how many are wishing to dispute?

Ray

can anyone tell me where i can find the ebook? that i here eveyone talking about?

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/Books/eBookOrder.shtml

Also, Can anyone tell me how long they think it will take to go from low 500 to high 600?

No one can give a definite answer to this question. W/ the negatives you listed, you would need to clean up as many as possible while building positive history w/ open, revolving, paid as agreed TLs. You could be looking at many months to years, doll. It all depends on your credit profile as a whole. Your score isn't going to automatically increase just b/c one collection is deleted and it surely won't rise beyond the Himalayas just b/c you added a new credit card (new credit usually hurt more than help in the beginning). Just focus more on repairing as much as you can. If you focus more on your scores, you're just setting yourself up for unrealistic responses and possible disappointments. In due time, your credit will improve and so will your scores.

Does it hurt to dispute all the negative items at once? Or should i do maybe 4 at a time? I hear they will discount all as frivolous if i do them all at once. Is this true?

Disputing all @ once is totally your choice. It just depends on the pace you choose and how many disputes you can handle @ once. The "frivolous dispute" is usually given when a consumer continuously disputes the same TL w/ the same reason (or even a different one). That's why it's wise to allow 2-3 months in between the disputes (if you want to dispute the same TL that is). If you choose to dispute all @ once, just make sure that you give specific dispute reasons for each TL that you're disputing.

Thanks for all your advice.. I know it is going to take some time but i am willing to be patient. I have disputed the negative items and i am just waiting for the responce from the credit agencys. Thanks agian for all you help. I will post when i get my updated reports. One other question, who do you suggest I order my reports from? I used experian and i was able to get all 3 but they only gave me a score for experian and not the other 2

Does it hurt to dispute all the negative items at once? Or should i do maybe 4 at a time? I hear they will discount all as frivolous if i do them all at once. Is this true?

I have never had a problem with that and I am someone who has sent every CRA a few hundred letters.

What I have done is I put each dispute in a separate letter and I mailed them out in the space of like three or four days. And there were plenty of times that I would mail out stuff like three or four disputes per day for three or four days. And I would do that for all three CRAs. And I did them all using a regular postage stamp

And I almost always got an individual response for each disputes (like 99.5 percent).

I have just never had problems disputing everything at one time especially when I had over a dozen things to dispute from each CRA.

who do you suggest I order my reports from? I used experian and i was able to get all 3 but they only gave me a score for experian and not the other 2

You would need to order all 3 from each individual CRA. Per the new FACTA laws, you can get those CRs for free at www.annualcreditreport.com. Those are your actual reports and will contain the details you need about each of your accounts. Do NOT order your scores from the CRA sites to begin credit repair. Those scores are FAKOs, which will cost you $$ for nothing. HOWEVER, EQ does offer your EQ FICO score and EX offers the Plus score which some department store creditors do use (i.e. department store cards that are housed by WFNNB). Use your free reports to begin disputing. You can do so online @ each CRA site (all you need is your confirmation/file # from the report). Once you start disputing, you can sign up for a monitoring service to MONITOR the progress. I say "MONITOR" b/c that's all that service should be used for. It will not contain complete details of the TLs (such as the DOLA/DOFD), but @ least you will get your 3 FAKO scores along w/ the reports. They aren't real but @ least you will get some sense of how certain things can affect your credit. You should try TrueCredit (do a search for it). They allow daily updates to all 3 reports and it's fairly reasonable. GL!

Wow,I am not sure if i am amazed at you or is it this site ;) ? you really know your stuff. I am once again thankful for all the information you have provided. I am now going to continue to read and just wait for my updates from the credit agency’s so i can move on to the next stop. I will keep you updated. thanks again

What I've learned, I've learned from this site and the book. So, my hat is off to CIC!;) I still have more to learn and more to share, hence the reason I'm still here. And you're very welcome.8]

i have competed the book and you are right it does have a lot of good info. I would suggest reading the book called Credit Scores and Credit reports by evan Hendreicks. I fould that to be really informative as well. I am just playing the waiting game now waiting to hear back from the credit agencys. I am kinda excited and can’t wait to get my updated reports back no mater what the outcome I really fell that I have learned so much from this site and reading that I am prepared to deal with however they reply :)

Wow this was fast. I just did this dispute on line last week. What should my next step be? DV to Cap one ? If so do i send it to the PO box asking for return receipt?

CAP ONE BK

Address:

PO BOX 85015

RICHMOND, VA 23285

(800) 903-3637

Account Number:

Account charged off/Past due 150 days. $441 written off. $694 past due as of Aug 2006.

Status Details:

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Sep 2010.

This item was verified and updated on Aug 2006.

Date Opened:

10/2003

Reported Since:

07/2003

Date of Status:

06/2004

Last Reported:

08/2006 Type:

Revolving

Terms:

NA

Monthly Payment:

$0

Responsibility:

Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:

NA

High Balance:

$441

Recent Balance:

$694

Recent Payment:

$0

By the way, this truly was not my debt. I have had someone try to get a cell two cell phones in my name. I think i have an idea who it is but it truly is not my debt and i can prove it. Thanks for the repy again. :) and i will continue to read and move to action

OH!:shock: If it's TRULY not yours, then getting rid of it is as easy as pie. Just file an identity theft report w/ your police dept. Get a copy of it and forward it to the CRAs that's reporting it and to the OC/CA. They are (by law) to suppress the TL and to never report it again. Along w/ the copy of the report, send a short note letting them know why you're sending it and that you demand immediate removal.

I called the police on Saturday they came to my house and took all the information. The officer said this was his first time taking a report for identity theft and this is his first time taking this type of report. He said he would not be able to provide me with the actually report immediately. I would have to call the police station in a week or two and get an incident number and that there is a charge for the actually report. This the Philadelphia police department.

My question is, while i am waiting for the police report, 1-2 weeks, should i dv capital one ? or just wait for the police report and send the report to the CRA's

As the PO said, the report may not be available immediately and you would have to wait a week or 2. Call back, as he explained, to get the report # and a copy. (I didn't think that you had to pay for a copy of the report, but I could be wrong.) Also, unless you're in a state that allows DVing an OC, DV is only for CAs (per the FDCPA). So DVing Cap1 is a waste of time. Just wait for the report and forward it to the appropriate parties. You shouldn't have a problem getting it removed.

Question: Are you saying that someone obtained a Cap1 card in your name to purchase 2 cell phones in your name as well? Or did they also get cell phone service in your name as well?

The cell phone where not acquired using the cap one card. It seems someone was able to get a cap one card a year ago and they never called me to verify. When I called cap one thy said they don’t require my home phone as verification. They were approved over the internet and received a card number immediately and starting to make purchases over the internet. After talking with capital one over the phone several times with out any success, Today they actually gave me a number to call so that I can dispute this directly.

The cell phones show up on my report as inquires. I grew suspicious when I saw inquires for T-Mobile, Nextel and Singular wireless. All company’s that I have never applied for. I have called all of them to see if they could tell me when or where I supposedly applied for a cell phone but could not get any information.

I really believe my x-wife is having her new boyfriend attempt to use my credit. My suspensions of them grew when she asked me to repair a computer for her. While repairing the machine I found a copy of my income tax return. I have not approached them yet I am just keeping a close eye on my reports.

The cell phone where not acquired using the cap one card. It seems someone was able to get a cap one card a year ago and they never called me to verify. When I called cap one thy said they don’t require my home phone as verification. They were approved over the internet and received a card number immediately and starting to make purchases over the internet. After talking with capital one over the phone several times with out any success, Today they actually gave me a number to call so that I can dispute this directly.

The cell phones show up on my report as inquires. I grew suspicious when I saw inquires for T-Mobile, Nextel and Singular wireless. All company’s that I have never applied for. I have called all of them to see if they could tell me when or where I supposedly applied for a cell phone but could not get any information.

I really believe my x-wife is having her new boyfriend attempt to use my credit. My suspensions of them grew when she asked me to repair a computer for her. While repairing the machine I found a copy of my income tax return. I have not approached them yet I am just keeping a close eye on my reports.

Oh wow...I'm sorry to hear that. It's just too easy these days for your identity to be stolen. In the meantime (if you haven't done so already), you may want to add FAs (fraud alerts) to your credit files. That way, a creditor HAS to contact YOU to verify your identity b4 approving you (or anyone who's trying to obtain credit in your name).

• 2 weeks later...

:) :) Public Records

PHILADELPHIA CO DISTRICT

Account Number: 04056.... Outcome: Remains

Credit Items

CAP ONE BK

Account Number: 517805237161.... Outcome: Deleted

MAURICE & NEEDLEMAN PC

Account Number: Outcome: Pending

Date: September 19, 2006

RAYMOURS FURNITURE INC

I C SYSTEM INC

I received my updated report from Transunion and the chapter 13 bankrupcy has been removed!! :lol: :lol: I am really happy. it was not remvoed from experian and i am still waiting to her back from equifax.

Progress so far:

1)Removed all alias and mis spelled names on my credit report ( I called all the CRA over the phone)

2) removed all other address that were old or not mine. I think this is why the bankrupcy was removed by Transunion. (Rep was so helpful over the phone just deleted all the address that i ask him to delete. he did not give me a hard time like the rep at experian. When i asked the rep at experina to removed on of the old address he said he could not because it was linked to the bankrupcy.

2) disputed all negatives items and DV the CA's still waitng on all the results but so far CAP1 was removed and a bankrupcy has been removed.

:p

• 1 month later...
http://www.creditinfocenter.com/Books/eBookOrder.shtml

No one can give a definite answer to this question. W/ the negatives you listed, you would need to clean up as many as possible while building positive history w/ open, revolving, paid as agreed TLs. You could be looking at many months to years, doll. It all depends on your credit profile as a whole. Your score isn't going to automatically increase just b/c one collection is deleted and it surely won't rise beyond the Himalayas just b/c you added a new credit card (new credit usually hurt more than help in the beginning). Just focus more on repairing as much as you can. If you focus more on your scores, you're just setting yourself up for unrealistic responses and possible disappointments. In due time, your credit will improve and so will your scores.

Happy to report my scores are now in the high 500 area. 560 579 590 !!

600 here I come!! I set a goal to be at 600 by 2007 and I think i am on target