Response to a DV - Resurgent Capital Services

hiteckcwby

I received this response to a DV that I sent them over 3 months ago. What is my next step? Do I need to respond to this or just DV them again?

RE: Acount Number 01234567890123

Information you provided regarding this account has been forwarded to the Customer Service Department for research. However, we have been unable to contact you to discuss this account.

If we are unable to establish contact with you within 30 days from the date of this letter, active collection efforts will resume on your account.

Please contact us at 1-866-464-1187 so we may update your contact information and assist you in resolving this account.

It seems to me that they want me to call them because they do not have my phone number and want it. Is this just an attempt from them to renew the SOL? I am not sure when the last payment was made but it was years ago.

Thanks in advance for any help. This forum has been invaluable to me.

That could be construed as a violation- getting you to call them to discuss the account is an attempt to collect. Also, threatening to resume collection is a violation. Assuming, of course, that your DV was timely. They obviously know how to reach you- they sent you a letter, you sent them a letter.

I received this response to a DV that I sent them over 3 months ago. What is my next step? Do I need to respond to this or just DV them again?

RE: Acount Number 01234567890123

Information you provided regarding this account has been forwarded to the Customer Service Department for research. However, we have been unable to contact you to discuss this account.

If we are unable to establish contact with you within 30 days from the date of this letter, active collection efforts will resume on your account.

Please contact us at 1-866-464-1187 so we may update your contact information and assist you in resolving this account.

It seems to me that they want me to call them because they do not have my phone number and want it. Is this just an attempt from them to renew the SOL? I am not sure when the last payment was made but it was years ago.

Thanks in advance for any help. This forum has been invaluable to me.

Are their accounts on your credit reports?