cjb3

"Open/current" store cards question

hey there all

been lurking for a bit and finally have a decent question to post.

TU shows my score as 699 (even with 2 derogotories i am currently working on).

they also show Target and Mervyns as "open, current, no lates". these 2 store cards were supposed to be closed and paid back in 2003 as part of a dmp we paid off.

have ya figured out the question yet? :)

since these account were opened in the mid 90's, i'm thinking i should not correct these beautiful tl's.

do you agree or not.....let me know.

cjb3: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Even though those TLs probably no longer show a balance, CL, etc., they are helping you rather than hurting you. The 'open, never late' status is helping you achieve that 699, in addition to the age of the account. Leave 'em alone! ;-)

I meant that the OP seemed to already know the answer to this question. Perhaps he's learned more here already than he realizes!

no, not a trick question.

just looking for confirmation that i am understanding the somewhat complex world of credit.

just seems to me that others in the same (rare?) situation are able to "have our cake and eat it too" kinda thing. we fight the innaccurate negative tl's, but stay quiet on the innaccurate positive tl's.

lny, yes, i have learned alot on this awesome site (thanks to all!!)

also confirmed with my ex that she has no cards and is receiving no bills from these stores (yes yes yes...it is possible in this day and age to have a very good relationship with the ex, even when she is remarried.)

here is a question that i need info on also-

experian shows my old Leasecomm acct open, current no lates. this is a COMMERCIAL acct from when i had a home business (to accept credit card payments) that i closed in 2000.

i have seen many posts about commercial accts not covered under the laws stated on this site when it comes to collecting, but what about keeping this one open.

generally, my question is does an open Commercial acct look better than an open store/credit card acct?

im thinking it doesnt really matter as far as the credit score.

joe