Question About USIS/USMA

cryix47

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this in the credit section because I was not able to find a forum the specifically dealt with USIS/USMA. I was recently hired at a clothing store as a full time sales person,however because of staffing issues they want to promote me to a Key Holder or Assistant Manager. They said they must run a background check on me before they can go through with it. My question is what will this report show? I went to usis.com and it states that companies use them as a supplemental to criminal records. There was an incident at one of my old employers with merchandise missing on my shift,but I didnt take anything. It got so stressful that I walked out. Can an employer list whatever they want on thies USIS report or do they 1st have to catch someone in order to put something bad in it? And also I have an open court case Crapital 1 because i stopped paying on a card. Will this show up? And will it affect me in any way?

I would think that a full investigation would've had to have taken place for anything to be reported...did you get any further calls from your previous employer? Merchandise missing during your shift doesn't mean a lot, unless you were the only one working. Than again, it's open for dispute because you could ask if they do inventory prior to each shift. In the future though, I certainly wouldn't recommend walking out-

As far as your unpaid Capital One Card, I am sure that will show somewhere...at least as a "public record" type of deal. How that will impact you though, I can't be sure. Someone else may have better info for you. Good luck! :)

Elyse