OC-Utility co. giving me the runaround

newbie7069

I have a paid CO (paid 5 years ago) from a utility co. on all three CRs. I have followed the steps. Originally diputed with the 3 CRAs based on inaccurate info, all cam back verfied---in fact after dispute the OC changed the info. They added a CO to 5/06 and changed acct type to installment. I disputed again, again verified. I also sent the OC a FACTA dispute. Response basically stating there is nothing wrong.

I clearly disputed the info to the CRAs: how could utilties ever be construed as installment, which implies a fixed loan; adding CO status 5 YEARS after DOLA; in direct violation of 623(a)(5) it is not listing a DOFMD on EQ.

I don't even really know if it could be considered a CO, as it was originally due 4/01 and paid 10/01 so just at the 6 months mark which would normally be the time of CO.

I feel that adding CO status 5/06 and 6/06 is in violation right? They didn't notify me of insertion of negative info. Besides which it was paid 10/01!

Should I attempt to notify the Public Utilities Commission, the BBB, or the AG or notify all 3?

I'm just stymied! How the hell could the CRA verify that the information was correct, when it is so obviously NOT!

What do you guys think?

They were listing different DOLA with all 3 CRAs, and NOT lisitng DOFMD with EQ. They had the account status as CO, not Paid CO.

After I initially disputed these inaccuracies, they changed the TL. They changed acct type to "Installment", added CO under 5/06 and 6/06, and did not fix the incorrect information. So I disputed again, based on the new changed information.

It is a utility co, so in no way could it be "Installment" first off, secondly adding current COs seems to me to be deliberately sabatoging my CR when it was paid 5 yrs ago IMHO.

Utility accounts are considered a charge account (not a credit account) because you have to pay the full balance at the end of each billing cycle. They are not installment accounts or revolving accounts because you are not carrying a balance to which interest is assessed.

If you are having problems with billing for a public utility, contact your State public utility commision or commerce commission to complain. They can usually help because they regulate the utility companies.