CRs Will Not Delete

RSB

The three CRs continue to report a growing balance on a debt that I have asked the JDB to validate. The JDB has not written back to me with a validation other than a statement. The last time I asked for DV I was ignored....no reply was received. The CRs continue to report the growing debt. A statement is on my CR saying I dispute the debt.

Today, I got my CR from Experian and the JDB says that the debt will be on my CR until 2012. How can that be??? If this debt is mine, which I don't think it is...how can it be reported on my CR until 2012? The last date of account activity was 2003, on my old credit card. Not 2005!

Can a JDB list the debt for 7 years from the date they purchased the debt, or is it 7 years from the date of last acitivty on the credit card account?

The JDB has reported the TL as in dispute, so they are okay there. However, if the DOLA activity on the account is truly 2003 then have re-aged the account if they are reporting the DOLA as of the date they purchased the account. That is an FCRA no-no. If you will actually follow through and take them to court, then now is the time for a strongly-worded letter stating that they have so many days to delete the erroneous tradeline before you take them to court. If they don't respond, then you need to file suit. There is a good chance that the JDB will fold when you send the threatening letter, but most likely they will simply sell the account to another JDB.