Trans Union Wont investigate or show MOV

stressedout2k5

Ok..here is my dilemma..I have been working to correct the "issues" on my report. I have had mixed success but mostly positive. I am working on the last couple trouble ones to fix. They have been tough and am at the its stage. 2 of them are with Assess who for $123 & $200 which are out of sol and not mine has committed at least 9 blatant willful violations for each account. I have fought with them and they sent me letters saying these accounts which are utilities and not mine are past SOL. They sent me letters saying they belive the accounts are correct but are closing them and C&D unless I write them. I have told them it is delete and close or got o court aas I am sick of dealing with them. I will see what happens.

The other one is a "medical collection" on Trans Union. I never had any medical collections and disputed with CA as well as CRA - Trans Union. Trans Union sent me back saying is verified and upddated. Well I received the DV info from the CA who I had never received any documents from and it was I who disputed with them. At the time in question, I had full medical coverage from my ex through one of the big 3. Anyways, they sent the info. None of it is mine. It is wrong sex, wrong age, and even different person with same last name as mine but not me. It also hass the responsible payor as someone else and their insurance. There is nothing showing or indicating it is me. I disputed and they failed to respond. I got tired and sent Trans Union a letter pointing out all the problems witha copy of the info and saying it isnt mine and to delte or provide MOV. They sent me back a letter saying basically they dont have to and basically tough luck. I showewd them right in front of their face and they wont do anything.

What should I do? SHoudl I dispute again or what do I do?

They have been tough and am at the its stage. 2 of them are with Assess who for $123 & $200 which are out of sol and not mine has committed at least 9 blatant willful violations for each account.

Do you mean Asset? If Asset says that they're going to close & C&D, then they will (keep the paper that says so). Oh, don't be mistaken; don't always trust what they say. But in my experience, they felt like they would lose more $ than they would gain [from me] if they continued to fight w/ me. The debt was also a utility bill for under $200. Go ahead and dispute it. Don't wait for them to remove it.

The other one is a "medical collection" on Trans Union. I never had any medical collections and disputed with CA as well as CRA - Trans Union.

If the collection is not yours (which it surely does sound like it is not), then file an identity theft report. Send a copy of it to the CRAs and CA/OC. They are to suppress the TL and never report it again. You can do a search for "ID theft" or "Identity Theft report" for more info.

I got tired and sent Trans Union a letter pointing out all the problems with a copy of the info and saying it isnt mine and to delete or provide MOV. They sent me back a letter saying basically they dont have to and basically tough luck. I showed them right in front of their face and they wont do anything.

Why should they? They're not consumer advocates. They don't HAVE to delete the TL if the data furnisher keeps verifying and you don't provide them w/ an identity theft report. Basically, they don't trust consumers. They only trust their PAYING customers (data furnishers) and the law (the ones that could cost them in lawsuits).

From the info you've given, you've been obviously a victim of identity theft. Fill out the necessary paperwork @ your police station and forward copies. You shouldn't have a problem after that.

Earth-

Txs for the reply. These are 2 separate matters that I hodgepodged together.

I have documented Asset on so many violations if I sue it will cost them. Then, they tried to cover their tracks but screwed that up so bad, it actually shows willful intent which could then be argued as fraud. One thing is they verified and updated account by re-aging it to try and be within the SOL after them trying to toll the SOL was pointed out. The problem is the date they updated and verified they listed they supposedly found me is 8 months (and they specifically say found consumer now on XX/XX/XXXX) after they sent me letters and received my responses telling them they were out of SOL. After they got my letters, they changed reporting to say consumer not found even though I have lived at the same place for 7 years. So when I pointed that out after they of course failed to report I disputed the account is to sya consumer now found. If that doesnt show willful intent I dont know what does. I haev every credit report showing each reporting so how can they dispute it or at least let them try. The best, is the supposed 2 utilities they claim arent even mine as I was moved out 7 months before those dates and can prove that as well. I sent them a letter saying even though they are closing accounts, I also want them removed. I am being niceby saying I wont sue. A lawyer would cost them more than the $123 in court for the day. they paid what like$.20 for the account? Anwyasy, I just want them off my reports and have given them one last chance or else I have no choice but to sue but I did let them know I will not settle if they force me to sue and I will ask for criminal charges for fraud as they have willfully (at least it appears) done these things. We'll see what happens.

As for the Trans Union, I have disputed this and they wont do anything. I dont think it is ID theft but carelessness. I wasnt too clear whne I posted it. I DVd the CA as soon as I saw it on my report. They sent me the information. It is for someone of the opposite sex, differnt age. I had full insurance from my ex from one of the big 3 and never haqd to pay anything but $5 for anything. (Wish I still had it). Anyways, nothing is mine. It even lists who is the responsible payor's name - not me either. It is like if your last name is Smith and mine is Smith, they say we have the same last name and they cant find you so we have the same last name, it is me. I argued with them and they said they dont care, pay it. I sent the infomration exactly as I received it with a full letter highlighting everything. I told TU at least review it yourself and see it isnt me and delte it as well as please provide MOV. It is plain wrong. They wont do anything about it or even look at it so I dont know what to do. Sorry to be so long winded and thansk for your help.

Hi,

Hopefully you've received my PM by now. After reading this response though-I just wanted to say that it sounds like you've given them more than enough "notice" to rectify the situation. You need to speak to someone who has actual PULL in these companies. At the very least, the utility company. They need to know what is going on. If you continue to get no positive results, I'd go ahead and send them an ITS letter--to their legal team by the way. Than, be prepared to keep your word and file your documents in court.

As for the TU, again, it isn't them who is responsible. You need to contact WHOEVER is furnishing this information and inform that they are deliberately attempting to collect from you monies which are not owed by you. You need to explain (all in writing mind you) that the acct IS NOT yours, send your driver license and current utility bill. Send this to whoever is TRULY in charge CMRRR post haste.

Someone HAD TO have used your SSN. So-it goes w/out saying that you need to file an identity theft complaint w/ the FTC as well as those other complaints I mentioned-(and as well as filing for the fraud alert for your CR's) they haven't lifted a FINGER to help you and from the sound of it, you've tried going to them to no avail. TU isn't the issue, it's whoever is giving them this false info. I sure hope this gets worked out. If they won't help you though, you're well within your right to file suit and file formal complaints. Don't mess around with this anymore than is absolutely necessary-you're time is important to.

Good luck.

Elyse

I absolutely agree w/ Elyse.

Then, they tried to cover their tracks but screwed that up so bad, it actually shows willful intent which could then be argued as fraud.
I just want them off my reports and have given them one last chance or else I have no choice but to sue but I did let them know I will not settle if they force me to sue and I will ask for criminal charges for fraud as they have willfully (at least it appears) done these things.

Why would you consider pressing criminal charges against Asset for fraud:confused: If these are indeed not your debts, then I highly doubt it was Asset who used your SS# and opened accounts in your name. As Elyse said, you should contact the utility company about this. They would be the ones who can explain the accounts.

Thanks you guys for the advice. I have completely made this so confusing for everyone even myself. I am sorry to have made it confusing especially with the greta advice from you guys. Let me try to clear something up. These are 2 different things.

Asset is one matter. I would have them for fraud (in my opinion) because they kept changing my credit report to cover theemselves because the account was out of SOL. They were so sloppy that in their attempt to toll (extend) the SOL, they changed the dates and said couldnt find me and the such. The problem is when they updated and verified the information as correct and finally settled on when they found me (after I had repeatedly informed Asset the information was incorrect and they did not report as disputed) the dates they claimed they found me were months after I had been corresponding with them. Like saying they found you in December but have been corresponding with you since February. How was it disputed by me then as they reported in May if they didnt find me until Decemeber? Doesnt make sense. Since they knew what they were doing trying to toll teh SOL it looks willful which is fraud.

As for the other account I have disputed with TU, the reporter isnt doesnt have my inofmration. Their own doucments dont have my info or ss. It is like they looked in a book for a last name, like Smith and now said it is my debt because I have the same last name. No one used my infomration but the CA is not saying I should pay since I have the same last name but am not even the same age or sex or anything. It even says the name of the repsonsible person which is not me and is a differnt sex/age. I dissputed and they dont care nor does TU. TU should at least look at the info and see it doesnt make sense and isnt me and they must delete it but they wont look at anything and this is where I am stuck.

Hope that clears it up. Your advise is still helpful to me and I thank you for the it.

As far as Asset is concerned, welcome to the world of collection agencies. They do these kinds of things all the time. You can either keep disputing until you get the results you want(which can take time) or if you feel that you have many violations against them, then take them to court. Not much else you can do. With the medical collection, that's kinda strange. If the account really isn't yours, I don't understand why they won't delete it. I would call the OC to the carpet on this one. I would get with them and ask what you have to do to prove that the person in question is not you. Once you prove to them that they've got the wrong person, get something in writing from them saying this. Ask them to tell the CA to remove their collection TL. If they won't, you have the letter that you can show TU to get it removed.

I have written the CA...they dont care..they have no documents with my name on them, my signature, my insurance, nothing. The only comon thread is I have the same last name as the responsbile payor person. It even says who is responsible to pay and it isnt me..their own documents..they dont care..how they found me I am not sure but think it is because I may have had a previous account with them under one of their subsidiaries...I think..that got deleted as they had no documentatin in that case and the CRA deleted it as they couldnt verify it...in this case, I sent everything exactly as I received to TU and told them "look at this..it even says it isnt me" but they dont care. It isnt even the same sex person or age. Nothing ties it to me. If they sue dme, I would challenge in court and move for diismissal....they havent even reported it as disputed whihc should be a tip off to TU something isnt right when TU knows I disputed it to even get the documents....TU wont even look at the documents..how could they have verified it or even investigated it? If they did they would have deleted it immediately...talk about beyond a reasonable doubt..there is no doubt it isnt mine...I dont know what to do with TU....thanks for the input

Either way, these accts are NOT yours and at least one is past SOL? Is that correct? Regardless, it sounds like your only recourse is to sue the crud out of them and/or report them...

I will tell you what happened with some accts that weren't mine-one was for a parking ticket. Get this-they ticketed my repo'd van and sent ME the bill. Unfortunately for them, I had proof of when it was repo'd. I sent the CA the dispute, they ignored me. Than...sadly for them, I came HERE. By that time, the acct had been on my CR's for a couple years. Anyway, I sent them a final notice via CMRRR disputing this debt, why, etc...attached PROOF. They still refused to close it out...so I filed formal complaints to the BBB, AG and the FTC and guess what? IT GOT CLOSED and it is off my credit reports and has been for nearly 2 yrs.

The next one was for a cell phone someone fraudulently opened in my name. I disputed, they ignored...I disputed, they ignored...I came here. WHOOPS...lol. I disputed via CMRRR--they ignored and I raised wholly H-E double hockey sticks. Along w/ my formal complaints I placed a 90 day fraud alert on my credit files and filed a complaint of ID theft w/ the FTC. Guess what? It's gone. They have ceased in their contacts. They have ceased in their reporting and last I heard, they removed their TL from my CR's. No suing necessary because really all I wanted was the bogus garbage off my CR's and I got that.

If either of these companies come back AGAIN, I won't even bother disputing...I'll sue.

Good luck.

Elyse