Multiple account numbers for same account

otama

I noticed that a creditor has me listed for a charge off under an account number that is a different account number from what I have on letterhead from them. Is there a sample letter, or a link on here somewhere, that I could reference to send to this creditor to dispute? I tried to search for something, but I was unable to locate anything.

Thanks

If the account number is wrong on your credit reports, then I would first dispute with the credit bureaus as account not mine. If you just dispute with the OC, they will just say we made a mistake and we will have it corrected. If they are reporting a wrong account number, then that is inaccurate and you might get the TL deleted.

Contact The Better Business Bureau, Many Companies And Collection Agencies Donot! Like To Have Complaints With The Bbb, Explain To Them The Problems That You Are Having And Email Them Copies Of The Information Or Bills That You Have. They Will Investigate The Information That You Have Provided And What The Collection Agency Says. In The End If You Are Correct You Will Win! I Know From Personal Experience Because A Collection Agency Took One Account And Turned It Into Three Seperate Accounts On My Credit Report. Once The Bbb Got Done With Them They Had Deleted All The Accounts From My Credit Report. To Cra's Having A Mark On The Bbb Is Worse Than Us Having The Cra's Mark. Try It And Let Me Know What Happens. Also Don't Forget To Respond To Their Emails.