what to do first?

goincrazy

I am new here so please bare with me. I just checked my cr and one of the ca is showing a last payment of 04/06. I have not made a payment since 2001 and that was to the oc. If I'm not mistaken this should fall off my cr in two years but with them saying that I made a payment this year it will be seven years now. How is it possible that they are reporting this payment if I know for sure that it was never made. Can they ca lie and say I made a payment to keep the sol open? Any help on what to do and where to start is greatly appreciated.

A payment, actual or invented, will not restart the 7-year CRA reporting period, so don't worry about that. In most cases a payment would restart the SOL. Are you sure the mentioned date is referring to the DOLA or DOLP? Have you heard from them at all regarding this TL? Yes, CAs lie all the time and actual attempts to falsely re-age an account IS illegal.

You should post the entry (you can XXXX out a portion of the acct. number), so we can verify what you're claiming.

Just double checked to be sure... DOLA is n/a and the DOLP is 04/06. I know for sure that I never made a payment. Do I send a letter asking for DV and proof of my payment? Can I prove that I never made a payment and they made it look like I did? How would I go about resolving this?