wicked_wisdom

Money Control, Inc.

Has anyone dealt with this company before? They're located in Riverside, Ca.

To make a long story short, I DV'd them and they sent me a letter saying, "Please read through the following four options to determine the appropriate department that you need to contact to process your dispute." And it lists on a second page, Options I to IV for disputing.

Later in the letter its says, "It is imperative that you keep us informed regarding your dispute. Failure to keep us informed regarding your suit may result in your account being updated to the CRA as a valid account and reflect as a negative mark against your credit. You need to follow up with our office in 30 day increments to ensure this account does not get reported as a negative mark."

I'm under the impression that I were to update every 30 days, that I'd be "resetting the clock" to DV this account. I think its a sidestepping manuever. I don't recall skimming in through the FDCPA anything requiring me to update periodically.

Any ideas or advice?

If you timely DV'd, what they sent you doesn't qualify as verification. You are under no obligation to furnish them any information, the burden of verification is theirs. If they report without providing your requested verification, they violate the FDCPA.