skyfox2020

Juniper US Airways Mastercard

I have the card. I wasnt sure i liked juniper at first but now they are one of my best cards. I use the card alot lately. they havent given me any issues and even gave me a nice credit increase when i hit the 6 month mark.

They seem to hate cash advances on a new account.

Just got one myself. Other than the token $10 charge, I'm using it as a balance transfer card for now. Used it to close my Orchard.

Love my Juniper card. Fixed rate 9.9%. And easy to use website with pay option online.

The bad news is they do not let me ask for CLI. I have tried and received the token letter telling me that they decide when I get increases and I am not allowed to ask or them.

The good news is that they are now adding a monthly free FICO score similar to my Providian card.

Not a word. But if it is true, I hope they're more timely than Providian. Sept. 27th and we're still waiting for our Sept. 1st score. By the time they finally give you your score, it's already a month old. And we all know what a difference a day, let alone a month, can make.

I think this is going to be a "skip" month for Providian. We've had one before but then the little graph updates but you never got to see the score in that month. The funny thing is, that's one of the major points that WAMU is now selling with their cards. What a joke.

It is kind of silly. I mean, we're a few days from October and I'm still supposed to be taking my August 1st score seriously? Because that's what Providian is showing right now. A score essentially two months old.

This would be an extremely useful feature if it was timely. But for the most part, it doesn't have much value. Yes, I know it's free, but not everything that's free is necessarily useful on a practical level. (Not to mention the fact that when you first get the card, it takes like 4 months to see your first score.)

Looks like Providian will be skipping this month's score. Its usually updated by the 24th on my card.

I have a Juniper Platinum card. No real perks like skymiles, except fixed 9.9% rate and no fees.

When I logged in two days ago, there is a whole new menu. It has a section says that they will be providing a FICO monthly as an added benfit of holding the card and that the program will start in 30 days.

And my menu looks exactly the same. I even tried viewing my statement to see if maybe there was a note on there (since I never look at them). Nothing.

JQ, do you have a partner card or a generic Juniper card?

OK, I'm now assuming that is the difference... JQ must have a generic "Platinum" card. I just went to the "benefits" tab of my Arbor Day and National Parks cards, and all that showed was "credit protector." So I clicked on the benefits tab of my recently closed (but still showing) generic Juniper Platinum card, and there were a slew of benefits listed... including the free credit score, which will apparently be available in 30 days.

Mystery solved, I think.

Sounds about right. I guess they decided to throw us non-partner cardholders a bone.

And you'll most likely get the same TU score you're already (theoretically) getting from Providian!!:ROFLMAO2:

Congrats Lyle :p I remember when you were first denied the Hooters card!

Are you all applying with more or less than 30% utilization on your cards??

I want to apply for another card that has a bigger limit since my highest right now is a mere $500 :roll:

But I am afraid to apply since my most recent payments have not even reported and my Patelco is not reporting yet and it's been a month.

Guess it be best to wait to get down to 30% utilization huh?

I was approved for a US Airways card!!!

I applied on line and recieved instant approval!!! :)

Did you try the Carnival card too? People usually get those two together, and often only get hit with one inquiry.

I have one card ($1000) limit that is reporting around 50%. The rest are well under.

Hooters just started reporting and I thought what the heck. I applied for the juniper card and whamoo- instant approval. Go figure.

The Orchard card was my BIG boost. I also went to my CU and got approved for a card.

I now have since my credit repair:

Hooters- $2000 cl

CU visa- $1000. cl

US airways- $500 cl

Orchard- $300.

I have also gotten a loan for furniture and was approved instantly for $6800.00

I paid a couple of payments and paid them off. (I was scared....)

I also have been bumping by pulling TC every day and it is keeping my pulls around 2 to 3.

I plan on putting a few in the sock drawer and purchasing only gas and small things like that. I need to remember what got me here in the fisrt place. It could be just a s easy to over extend myself again. I am a lot more responsible now, howerever, it still scares me. :)

Did you try the Carnival card too? People usually get those two together, and often only get hit with one inquiry.

No darn it...I actually applied for the Buckmaster card right after thinking they were all the same. I got the standard response that says they need to review the application further. :?

Should I apply LNY? Even though I have apllied for two?

Should I apply LNY? Even though I have apllied for two?

Don't do that to me, Lyle!! :cool: At this point I could only guess... and your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

Don't do that to me, Lyle!! :cool: At this point I could only guess... and your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

Fair enough. I think I am gonna hold off for awhile and let these bad boys age a little.

from there my scores should be up and I can then try for a BIG hitter like Citi.....:)

Fair enough. I think I am gonna hold off for awhile and let these bad boys age a little.

from there my scores should be up and I can then try for a BIG hitter like Citi.....:)

YEAH YEAH YEAH :roll: