Orchard Secured Card Holders

Ok I called and the guy said there is a 14 day hold on the account until the $39 has cleard my bank they will send out the letter on 10/24/06. So basically he said I was approved. My account is on hold until the $39 processing fee has been cleared. Does this make sense?

To those of us blessed with normal intelligence, yes. Yes it does.:twisted:

Cav-they did that to me.

After they presented my payment and it had cleared, I got the card. However, a few months later, after making payments timely, they bumped my APR up to the default rate. They stated that it was b/c of my CR---even though they had granted me the card prior to my getting any deletions, so my CR still looked exactly the same as when they gave me the card.

Just an FYI.

Cav-they did that to me.

After they presented my payment and it had cleared, I got the card. However, a few months later, after making payments timely, they bumped my APR up to the default rate. They stated that it was b/c of my CR---even though they had granted me the card prior to my getting any deletions, so my CR still looked exactly the same as when they gave me the card.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for that info. So do these guy monitor your credit or what?

Ok they have cashed my check for the $39.00 bucks...so I called today and the lady said of course I have to wait the 14 days for the release which will be on 10/24/06. We'll she told me the approved me for a $300 limit...Not bad...can't complain...I wonder how much longer I have to wait to get an inrease.

OK...so last week DH had called back Orchard to get an update...they gave him the same speech they had on 9/30...(see top of thread) he said it's been 3 weeks, are we any closer to knowing when he would get the depositand upgrade? they still said 4 weeks...

SO the impatient person that I am:roll: went to the Orchard site to do a soft pull to see what he qualified for...it gave 2 options, gold and secured. So I went ahead and applied for gold (thinking that they were bs'ing and he'd prolly have to just apply, get approved and close out secured card)

SINCE ITS AN URBAN MYTH THAT THEY GRADUATE/UPGRADE ON THEIR OWN!!

So i got the "we will respond to your request by mail" response. Kicking my impatient a$$ all week, telling myself how stupid I am.

Get the denial letter today, it says he was denied because he already has the maximum number of accounts allowed with HSBC. He still only has the 1 secured...do you think it's a good sign??

If anyone feels the need to give me hell, please do it by PM. Public humiliation is not my thing today. Thank you.

OK...so last week DH had called back Orchard to get an update...they gave him the same speech they had on 9/30...(see top of thread) he said it's been 3 weeks, are we any closer to knowing when he would get the depositand upgrade? they still said 4 weeks...

SO the impatient person that I am:roll: went to the Orchard site to do a soft pull to see what he qualified for...it gave 2 options, gold and secured. So I went ahead and applied for gold (thinking that they were bs'ing and he'd prolly have to just apply, get approved and close out secured card)

SINCE ITS AN URBAN MYTH THAT THEY GRADUATE/UPGRADE ON THEIR OWN!!

So i got the "we will respond to your request by mail" response. Kicking my impatient a$$ all week, telling myself how stupid I am.

Get the denial letter today, it says he was denied because he already has the maximum number of accounts allowed with HSBC. He still only has the 1 secured...do you think it's a good sign??

If anyone feels the need to give me hell, please do it by PM. Public humiliation is not my thing today. Thank you.

Aw, sweetie... don't beat yourself up over this. Every single one of us has had the itchy finger and pulled that trigger against our better judgment. And most of us more than once!!:oops:

I was pre-approved for a second Orchard card more than 18 months after I opened the first (and I've heard that 18 months is their min if you've got an Orchard). Instead, I applied for (and was approved for) a 2k Union Plus card.

So, next time, go join the Steelworker's Union as an associate member (or something else), then apply for UP as they seem a bit easier.

I was pre-approved for a second Orchard card more than 18 months after I opened the first (and I've heard that 18 months is their min if you've got an Orchard). Instead, I applied for (and was approved for) a 2k Union Plus card.

So, next time, go join the Steelworker's Union as an associate member (or something else), then apply for UP as they seem a bit easier.

UP is actually a harder card to get than Orchard or Household. It's considered semi-prime. You will usually be automatically denied for UP with a BK of any age, but can be approved on recon... albeit with a nominal CL. Do you mean it would be easier than getting a second Orchard card?

Yes, easier than a second Orchard. Sorry I was unclear.

UP also has secured cards, btw.

Yes, they do. I've never heard anything about them unsecuring (or not) though. If anyone has experience with the UP secured card, please post!

Kinda OT, but I just logged in to pay my UP bill and saw a $300 auto CLI!! First one ever! Yesterday was my 1-year anniversary. :woohoo:

Still only $800, though. :evil: I have cards with 10k, 8k, 7.5k, 6k... and UP will only pony up $800.:roll: