Is this a ploy?

txsquirrel

My husband keeps getting calls from an internet college claiming that he requested information from them. Assuming that it is a solicitator, I usually tell them that he isn't in and take a message. When they tell me who they are, I tell them that he wouldn't have contacted them about school and that he isn't interested. Thats when they get a little mean. They tell me that they can't take my word for it and if we want them to stop calling he would have to tell them himself.

It just didn't sound right. We do occasionally get calls from collectors. Could this just be a way to get him on the phone? Anyone else heard of this situation? The school is an internet technical college out of Colorado.

It just didn't sound right. We do occasionally get calls from collectors. Could this just be a way to get him on the phone? Anyone else heard of this situation? The school is an internet technical college out of Colorado.

File a complaint with the state of Colorado and with the US Department of Education (and the BBB).

When I kept getting phone calls for student loan consolidation that were harassing, that's basically what I did (except I went for their state). I got a response from the BBB first saying they'd never call again. And they haven't.