Sign in to follow this  
everyseason

Punting

We have sent out validation letters, however, the collection agencies are signing for them but within a few days we are getting another letter from a different collection agency saying they have it. This has gone on several times. How do we take anyone to court if we don't know who is handeling the account. BTW no one has replied back to the validation letters either. We also send a copy of the validaiton letter to the original company, so they both are getting the letters. HOW DO WE TAKE THESE PEOPLE TO COURT :confused:

Assuming you're talking about taking them to court for some kind of FDCPA violation, it doesn't matter if they still have your account. The FDCPA is a strict liability statute and has nothing to do with the underlying debt.

If they violated while attempting collection while they had the account, you can sue them on that basis alone.

Yes we want to take them to court over FDCPA laws. I guess this is much more involved than I thought. We are not getting anyone to respond to our validations letters. We truly do not feel that we owe most of this debt. We have written these validation letters to the original creditors and the collections agencies. But nothing is being done. (Not to anyone’s surprise). So I guess I am more than confused (and dumb).

How do you get these things off your credit report? We have sent letters to the 3 credit Bureaus, but even the two that we felt we did owe, we want to pay them off but do not know who to pay them to and one original creditor is telling us we never owed the debt and they zero’ed it out on their accounts, but it was up to us to deal with the collection agency, who punted the account to someone else. What do we do than?