Need advice please

Please read my original post first:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259441

My mother doesn't want to press charges against me...is she the only one who would be able to do so?

I am desperatly trying to get my finances straight to pay on this debt. I can pay a little on each one at the moment but it would only be enough to piss them off and we don't want that. But me paying something should make my point to them that I am not ignoring what I have done.

Should my mother tell the OC and CA that we have made and appt with a BK lawyer or should she just say a counsler or something?

They really give her a hard time on the phone so she usually just hangs up on them. I really think the CA has crossed the line in several of the calls, even when I spoke with them they refused to give their address to me or mom.

dizzienc

Okay, look...posting the same questions over and over in different forums isn't going to help you. Most people read all the forums, and you're just going to keep getting the same answers.

We're really sorry you're in the situation you're in. We're sorry that it looks like your mom is going to take a really big hit because of it...and, we've all found ourselves in situations we didn't mean to cause and wish hadn't happend. We'll help if we can...

But...

YOU are going to have to find a way to take this off your mom's back. You might need a lawyer to do that, but, the way I see it you've got two choices...

1. Get a loan or CC in your name and pay off your mom's debts (you may have charged them, but, they're in your mom's name...as it stands right now, they're your mom's).

2. Have your mom file fraud charges against you. Get her off the hook, and then find a way for you to handle it. Will you go to jail? Not likely, but, get the debts moved into your name, and then deal with it...

I am a mother of 2 adult daughters and I will tell you flat out that no way would i even file charges against my girls no matter what!

The OP did the wrong thing by using her moms credit cards. She has come clean with her MOM and that is the most important issue. Her mom has come to understand what happened as a mother should. Her daughter got in over her head and mom understands because she may have been there before. I applaud this mother/daughter relationship. My own mom has been gone for 30 years and I would give anything if I could have this - even with the bad.

Now what... you have the creditors to deal with. Mom is in a bad situation but it is her own chosing by standing beside her daughter.

My suggestions based on what I would do IF this was my own daughter:

First quit talking to them and tell mom to do the same. Talking is getting you nowhere - you already know the issues and know what you can and can't do. Mom is not going to charge you so put that in the past and move forward. IF for some reason the creditors come after you for fraud then you will have to stand up and tell the truth and take the punishment.

Next take an inventory on how much debt you have built up under your mom's name. Start with the smallest at the top.

Now see how much money you can scrape up in one lump sum and offer to settle this account. You will be surprised to see how little a CA will accept as settlement. Figure around 40%. You can even ask if they will tkae this in payments. Continue to do this every month until you get these debts paid. Forget about "I can't" or "they won't". That just becomes whining that is used for excuses.

IF your mom starts getting court papers have her tell the judge the truth. And of course you be there too admitting what you ahve done. She let you use her cards but did not realise how much you used them. Now you can't pay and neither can she. Also your mom can state that she will not participate in any activity against you. She can also ask the judge for payment arrangments so you can pay the bill.

Now go hug your mom!

I'm sorry to stir this up and I certainly understand your devotion to your children. I am also a parent as I sure many are on this board. I would hope that my daughter would have the good since not to put me in that situation.

2. Have your mom file fraud charges against you. Get her off the hook, and then find a way for you to handle it. Will you go to jail? Not likely, but, get the debts moved into your name, and then deal with it...

I don't think that willingtocope is saying anything wrong. The child should take the responsibility and take the heat off of the mother. Any parent would find it hard to turn in their child, but it is irresponsible to let mom get the harrassment these guys dish out when she didn't know what was going on. I have a sibling who has taken advantage of my parents, and they let them get away with it and it does nothing for them but make them do it more. A little legal trouble for using mom's dredit would not only clear your mind of any guilt you may feel when she gets phone calls, but let her know that she raised a good child who can take the blame and rectify it.

[iF your mom starts getting court papers have her tell the judge the truth. And of course you be there too admitting what you ahve done. She let you use her cards but did not realise how much you used them. Now you can't pay and neither can she. Also your mom can state that she will not participate in any activity against you. She can also ask the judge for payment arrangments so you can pay the bill.

I'm sorry, but I don't think a judge will help out mom here. It would probably result in a judgment on your mom. They don't care about where the debts came from.

If your mom won't turn you in for fraud, Turn yourself in (if possible) or find a way to pay off the debts. This is a situation that never should have happened and yes I think that MOM, no matter how hard it is, should turn the child in. I don't care how hard times get, we've all had them, but you don't steal from someone you love to get by.

I'm not trying to offend, but this is just how I feel.