driver26girl

Need help with Unifund in NC

Update:

I have sent my info to the State Bar, AG, FTC for them to look into my case about the debt being out of sol and how the CA has went about trying to collect on the debt. This particular CA(unifund) is the 3rd JDB. I sent a copy of my recent credit report showing they had changed the activity date and a copy of the last cancelled check that I had sent the OC which was dated in 2003.

The CA filed for an extension and got it. I am waiting to hear something in my case. The extension was until 12/15/06

I really wished that I would hear something quickly. Does any one have any idea how long it takes for these agencies to look into a case and what happens when they do?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

It is not illegal in NC to go after a debt that is out of SOL.. the state bar wouldnt have a thing to do with it since Unifund is in Ohio not NC.. you can send to to David Evers at the CC divsion at the AG's office.. but they are NOT breaking any laws..

Unless you live in Wis or Ky they can come after you until you are dead... bascially IF they tried to sue on a time barred debt you have the SOL which is used as an affirmative defense.. but in no way does it mean they can't try to collect.. they are doing nothing illegal by sending you letters.

Changing credit reports is illegal.. and depending on who did it that is who I would go after... as far as the AG it takes about a month and chances are you will get a form letter back on it..

I am curious.. you said the CA filed extension.. do you mean they brought suit?? and was it unifund that is trying to take you to court. I am curious to know where in NC you are...

I filed a complaint with the AG's office in PA regarding NCO.. and I got a letter back from them about a month later telling me they are "looking into it".. what I would do is call the AG's office.. ask to talk to David Evers.. hes a great guy and is head of that division.. IF you get his voice mail he is really good about returning calls

I live in Morganton. Unifund has a summons for judgment against me filed in Burke County District Court. I answer the summons with out of SoL among other defenses, filed with the Clerk of Court. They filed for an extension to reply to my answers. The extension runs to 12/15. I sent David Evers everything I had pertaining to my case. Should I still call him? Can they still win in NC court if its out of SoL? I informed the bar about FDCPA violations but did not mention that it was out of SoL.