How long can a case stay active?

MGEORGE

In March of 05 i was served from a atty for a ca. I made arrangments to pay and did. was looking online and the court records say that the case is still active. What does that mean. It has been almost 2 years since then may credit report doesnt show a judgment.should i be concerned that they may try something? Also when served "i am in texas" It says you have 20 days to respond. It never has a court date. does that mean that after 20 days a court date will be set?

thanks for the info i will look into having it dismissed. does anyone have any info on the 2nd question? I was looking at the citation i was served two years ago and it says that i need to respond in 20 days but didnt have a court date. So if i hadnt responded after 20 days would a date then be set. I am just curious. Just dont think its right for this to be so open ended. Especially when i pasi the debt.

My credit report doesnt show anything, and all of the spaces on the court documents are blank and the top says active. I would think that if they took a default it would show up on my credit report. But i have paid them in full and have kept all things mailed between the two of us.