help me count the violation

Mister H

Ok AFNI is been reporting innacurate info. on me for a while now, but I got wise ( thanks to this site :p ) I DV them not once but twice now sent ITS letter and still no response so I'm suing xdancex but since they have been reporting to all three CRA would I be able to make each CRA reporting a violation? :confused: ( report to EQFX = 1 violation, TRANS = 1 violation EXPRn = 1 violation for a total of 3 violations??) let me see ; they fail to validate and continued to report the debt to the CRA's and since my last letter to EQuifax ( how can you verify letter) they have deleted the NTL but the other 2 still showing, any ammo anybody, do I have a :boxing: chance

Do they show the account as in dispute?

Did you dispute with the CRA and the CA?

Did you DV within 30 days of being notified of their collection activities?

What collection activities did they continue to perform after you DV'd them?

Leaving the negative info in the report after dispute is not a violation. Adding info after you dispute could well be. Updating the info to the CRA without indicating that the account is in dispute would definitely be.

Personally, I believe you don't have a case if you didn't DV within the 30 day limit, unless they failed to note that the account is in dispute.

Do they show the account as in dispute?

Did you dispute with the CRA and the CA?

Did you DV within 30 days of being notified of their collection activities?

What collection activities did they continue to perform after you DV'd them?

Leaving the negative info in the report after dispute is not a violation. Adding info after you dispute could well be. Updating the info to the CRA without indicating that the account is in dispute would definitely be.

Personally, I believe you don't have a case if you didn't DV within the 30 day limit, unless they failed to note that the account is in dispute.

yes I've diputed with CRA ans CA

yes I've DV them twice= no response

they continued to report it to the CRA's ( I think that contitues a collection activity right :confused: )

they continue reporting

not to be argumentive but to ask a question in order to understand better :)

how can the CA report a debt without validating it when requested and I thought that you can DV a debt at any time when you became awered of it I'm not planning to sue the CRA but the CA , thanks to their reporting of a debt ( and others) I was denied financing.

thanks for you reply and do not take my postings as a negative thing I'm only trying to learn.thank you :mrgreen:

I don't believe continuing to report constitutes continued collection activity. In this case, they reported before you DV'd them. By "continuing to report", you effectively mean - "failing to instruct the CRA to delete the information" when they respond to the ACVD. I don't believe they are required to do that.

When you DV'd them, they marked the account as in dispute. I am pretty sure that is all that is required of them in response to your DV.

Beyond that, if they have not done anything else to attempt collection, I don't believe they are in violation.

ok then does that means that I have no resources , to have the negative listing removed?

I'm confused as hell some treads say that continuing to report a listing that was not validated ( by CA not OC ) is a violation and that continuance to report the listing to the CRA's can be construed as attemp to collect activity

what is it?? :confused: :confused: :confused: