This is odd

NCSU2006

I got a call last night and some woman asked for my attorney information for a lawsuit they have for me "here in Wake County" (as if she was in NC and the area code was 716..Buffalo, NY). I said "I have no idea what you are talking about". She proceeds to say its for a "First Card acct with a bal of $6800". I told her she was nuts and to kiss mine and hung up.

I dont recall having a card with them, certainly not one with a limit close to that. I ran into a rough patch in 98-99, several cards were paid off but some got charged off. I have been pulling my reports for the last 6 months and NO old cards are on my report at all.

So what is this crap this "agency" seems to be trying??. Can they try to collect a debt that isnt even being reported (even under the 7yr negative period)??

Interesting side note, I got MAD last night and called the #. Some guy said they are the offices of "Jason J Evans, Atty". I informed him the orig creditor he seems to be referring to is not on my report and said the debt isnt mine. I am mailing cease/decist and validation today. I googled that name and ALOT came up about "Jason" being involved in a big fraud case in NYS (http://giovelawofficeexposed.com/defeat.htm) referenced on that site.

I just want to know if these idiots can do anything, both States statutes are most likely up and the old debt is past the 7yr negative period. THANKS!!

Can they try to collect a debt that isnt even being reported (even under the 7yr negative period)??

Of course they can TRY, neither the reporting period nor the state SOL prevents them from trying to collect or sue. BTW, SOL in NC is 3 years.

You need to read what Bud Hibbs has to say about Giove -- they are just bad, bad news.