FDCPA Violations?

TinCupAZ

Quick background...discovered a medical collection on my report...previously never received anything about it. The collection is for just under $150, and it is from 2002. I disputed with CRA and requested validation at the same time from the CA. CA has verified with CRA, but never updated my CR with Account in dispute. I have received nothing from them. I realize that they don't HAVE to send me validation, but is it an FDCPA violation for them to a) not update my CR's noting the account is in dispute, and B) reporting the information as "Verified" with the CRA and not sending me anything about it?

TIA for all your help

That's a violation - assuming they can't prove they tried to contact you before, and assuming that you DV'd them within 30 days of finding this out. Now it's time to DV them again. Pointing out their violation may help, but every CA is different with regard to whether they like to ignore people or not. Be persistent (you want lots of documentation should you end up having to sue).

I should have also asked what state you live in (Arizona?) and what the SOL is for you there. Is that on your side or no? (edit - looks like that won't help you. You probably already checked this.)

Hope I helped. :)

err...I meant 3 years...the 4 was a typo :) I found it in the Arizona Revised Statutes (don't have exact statute with me). 1 more question...is it 1 violation per act (not updating the account as disputed) or 1 violation per act per CRA (since they report to all 3)??

I think I know the answer but I'm not 100% sure. I don't want to steer anyone down the wrong road. If you keep reading (especially in Resources) you will probably find out. Hopefully someone can jump in here and let you know. Bump your thread once in a while if no one answers. :)++