When the card gets eaten up...

suki

Hi Folks,

Hope you all had a nice holiday!

Thought I'd share an experience that happened to me when BOA and MBNA merged last month and created a lot of confusion for me. I ended up having to withdraw funds from my local bank, Citizen's Bank...to make payment to my CCs and auto loan from BOA because BOA took out the server button " Pay from another Institution " feature under the Customer service menu under CC payment options...

Because it was a large fund witdrawal I had to count all of it to be sure it was correct... well, the card went back into the BOA ATM... I can't hear so I didn't realize there was a time limit before the card gets shredded...:shock: They issued me a temp card...

But what I didn't realize was that they also sent me a new card... WITH DIFFERENT LAST FOUR NUMBERS!:roll: I also had automatic withdrawal funds for a few of my accounts under BOA with other services such as AOL, Pet insurance, etc. I only discovered the problem when they sent me a late payment letter the other day ... Oh, was I so mad!:twisted: (BTW the BOA online banking promised to put back the "Pay from another institution" server button 2 weeks ago when a lot of their customers complained)... I am still looking for it... and the customer Rep in the bank it self has no clue to what the online banking does... what a nightmare!

Had to get the BOA customer Rep to make the call for me as the Relay operator takes hours to get through these companies such as AOL to give them the new numbers. I complained about the BOA ATM not being assessible for people with hearing loss.

I also complained that online banking features that were wonderful, are now going backwards to the 1990's and are getting worst. The Citizen won't give a service for making an email alert when the funds go low and alert you to move the funds... cost me $180.00 for several $3.00 transactions from a debt card.... their excuse is there are too many customers to alert... but have no problems with charging for Insuf funds with as little as $3.00, how do they sleep at night with this highway robbery????:evil:

Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of you out there don't like debt cards.... I don't like carrying cash or checks because I want a simple way to track my money and debit card does that for me.

BOA has a feature that emails an alert to warn you that your funds are low from what you set it for, but they are not in my local area... like Citizens, they are in my local supermarket and are open 7 days a weeks from 10 AM to 7 PM.

Wish I could find a perfect banking system that is very accessible!

Here's another pet complaint ...my phone company,Trinisc, doesn't have any info to how to go to their website for online payment on their paper billing. (BTW, I was transferred from Sprint to this company). Finally got them after 2 weeks of struggling with " hold for the next Customer Rep 20 to 30 minutes waiting time" with a disconnection many times with the relay operator...found out it was under Trinsiccenter dot com... Even Google didn't have that infomation!!!! OMG!:shock:

We are seeing more and more companies going out of reach and the snail mail and slow accounting just doesn't cut it for fair paying options...:evil:

Is this coming to a bust ??? Because there seem to be too many merging activity and coming too fast that you can't even get the jest to how to use it's function let alone being unaccessiblle!!!!... should be a law against this kind of activity!!!:twisted:

In summary, our technology is getting better but the organization stinks!!! It just makes me mad because ,we, in the end have to pay up when they don't become accessible to us. You can't get the friendly banker or sales person anymore... it's automatic service through self serve... yet they jack up the cost... that I don't understand.

...stepping off the soapbox...

Thanks for listening....

Suki

Just a quick FYI ... BOA does not do their own On Line Bill Pay. It is out sourced to CheckFree Corporation, based in Norcross GA. CheckFree (CKFR) 'brands' the on line bill pay product for BOA and for many other banks such Well Fargo, etc... It happens that BOA has a large interest in CheckFree (about 40% I think) and is the largest client that CheckFree has in their portfolio.

I also had automatic withdrawal funds for a few of my accounts under BOA with other services such as AOL, Pet insurance, etc. I only discovered the problem when they sent me a late payment letter the other day ... Oh, was I so mad!:twisted: (BTW the BOA online banking promised to put back the "Pay from another institution" server button 2 weeks ago when a lot of their customers complained)... I am still looking for it... and the customer Rep in the bank it self has no clue to what the online banking does... what a nightmare!

And that's why I never will use autopay. If I lose a card and have to get a new one, I have to call too many people to change it, and then it might not be changed in time, blah, blah, blah.

I use MS Money 2006. It keeps track of my bills for me. Every few days, I open the program to see what's coming due, then I pay it online or over the phone and record the confirmation number. I also keep track of my bill due dates on a make-shift calendar. Doesn't take me much time, and I'm in total control.

• 3 weeks later...
And that's why I never will use autopay. If I lose a card and have to get a new one, I have to call too many people to change it, and then it might not be changed in time, blah, blah, blah.

I use MS Money 2006. It keeps track of my bills for me. Every few days, I open the program to see what's coming due, then I pay it online or over the phone and record the confirmation number. I also keep track of my bill due dates on a make-shift calendar. Doesn't take me much time, and I'm in total control.

Hi Polarbear, :D

Just to clarify I was not using bill pay or automatic pay thru BOA. I used automatic withdrawals from each account I had with my bills thru my checking account with BOA.

I am curious to know what MS money 2006 is and does it pay directly to your bills immediately (same day)?

Suki