time frame for validation

I am sorry if I am repeating myself but I dont feel like I got a clear answer yet. I just pulled my report, is it ok for me to send DV letters to everyone on the report even though some of these are 5 years old? The most recent are about 6 months old. Thanks in advance.

There is nothing to stop you from disputing any debt no matter how old.

The FDCPA will not protect you as far as verification/continued collections is concerned if that 30 day window has expired.

I once had a collection on my report that was several years old that I never received a letter or phonecall for. It wasn't until my CRA dispute that they started sending me letters.

The best part about all of 1692g, is that the 30 day windows starts from receipt of a notice that lists that you have 30 days to dispute. If you've never been "read your rights" so to speak, the validation period has not expired.

So just because a collection on your report is old, doesn't mean your 30 day window is expired.

There is nothing to stop you from disputing any debt no matter how old.

The FDCPA will not protect you as far as verification/continued collections is concerned if that 30 day window has expired.

I once had a collection on my report that was several years old that I never received a letter or phonecall for. It wasn't until my CRA dispute that they started sending me letters.

The best part about all of 1692g, is that the 30 day windows starts from receipt of a notice that lists that you have 30 days to dispute. If you've never been "read your rights" so to speak, the validation period has not expired.

So just because a collection on your report is old, doesn't mean your 30 day window is expired.

I have 2 things from NCO that are about 5 years old. I am nervous to send them a DV letter for fear that it will make my report worse by getting them angry.

What could they do legally to make your report worse?

You are right, it cant get any worse. So if you were me, would you send DV to everyone on your report? Even if you know you were careless with your money? I am sorry but I am at a loss here. I have been reading so much and feel like I am walking in circles.

Include in your verification request that you dispute the debt. Better yet, call them and tell them you dispute it.

If they tell you that your dispute must be in writing, they violate the FDCPA. If they fail to mark your CBR in dispute, they violate. Then you have some leverage.

I have already been told by 2 places that I need to do it in writing.