Dispute with CRA or OC

shllby1

I was just told to NOT do DV letters with the OC but with the CRA to try to repair my credit. Ughhh!!!! I am getting so confused. I have a friend who is a real estate agent and she said its easier for me to email the CRA and dispute that way then send letters to all the OC's. I need someone who really knows what to do, lol...Its not me.:confused:

It is for more than just establishing a potential cause of action....

On accts that are 5 yrs old or more, the OC has usually rolled that data off their computer onto tape. After a tape ages to a certain point, it is stored off site. When you dispute it with the CRA, the OC cannot pull up that data without the tape and it could take weeks to get it. Many don't bother, they simply don't reply to the CRA and it is bye bye baddie!

Everything we do here is about efficiency first. You start with the CRAs to dispute and get rid of what ever you can first. After your first round of disputes, you see what has stuck and that is when the real work begins!

If one CRA deletes the tradeline, the furnisher is reponsible to notify the other CRA's or it's a violation.

As far as CRA's helping negative. They have a responsibilty to report a TL as disputed and a responsibility to prevent non-pp's.

All these are private COA's and allow you to reach out to violations over one year old (2/5). Maybe those in the know can confirm but, this is my take on reading FACTA.