If I know I owe, do I still do dv?

I am so confused on all of this. When should I do a dv? I know I owe the money? Do I start doing it now even though I am 3-4 months behind? What are the chances of just sitting on these accounts and not getting sued? I want to settle with my creditors but I can't until Feb. That is when I may be able to settle one or two of them. Should I pull my credit report now? I am scared to do that, scared to see whats on it:(

Please help!

Thanks,

Worried

I may be wrong here--and if someone chimes in that I am, believe me-I'll understand...but I was under the impression that the dv process was for accts already gone to collections? NOT for accts that are with the original creditors and just "late?"

If it were me, I'd try to save as many accts as I could feasibly afford to. Sit down with all your bills and decide what you can afford to do. Don't leave yourself too little, but find something fair that you can stick to with these creditors. Without knowing what you owe and to whom though it's tough to give further detail.

What are your chances of sitting on the accts on not getting sued? I don't know. You didn't mention WHO you're attempting to avoid or the amounts on those accts, so it's tough to say. Some creditors are more inclined to sue than others--but that isn't the only indicator of who will sue and who will not, many things come into play and without more info it'd be tough to say for sure. I wouldn't suggest sitting on anything or avoiding anything. Meet the battle head on, it's the only way.

Should you pull your credit report now? Well, it couldn't hurt and it isn't the same as if a creditor were pulling it. I wouldn't suggest allowing anyone BUT you to pull it right now.

Good luck. And try not to get yourself too upset over this. I can't say this to people enough-it isn't as though your creditors are losing sleep at night wondering when you're going to pay your bills. They make PLENTY of money off the jacked up interest they charge everyone--so just focus on your financial picture, see what's plausible. Just my 2 cents.

Elyse

Thanks for replying..... I have 5 Capital One, 1 Chase, 3 HSBC and 1 big loan with Household Retail Services. None of them are over $2000.00 except the Household it is 20,000.00.

I posted under collections about a NCO letter I got today... What should I do about it. I am not able to pay anything right now.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Worried