What's the Advantage ?

west1012

:)++ hi all,

Been lurking around here for the last month............reading until my eyes bug out. In your opinion, what is the advantage behind account #'s changing on CRA reports..............same OC..........(I'm sure if disputed, they would claim it is a typo), but what's the point. Last month I got my yearly report from TU and the account in question had the correct info..............yesterday I got my report from Equi. and it has a completely different 16 digit acc#............this account was charged off in 4/04, but never sold. (I am waiting out the 30 day appeal period for a judgment.........they filed in district court, :roll: but pulled a no show.)

thanks

hi earthangel, thanks for your answer.

The original account was with Fleet, but they merger with BofA over three years ago. The account was a charge off w/Fleet..........that's why I was surprised it was never sold. I never heard anything from BofA about this account until I got the paperwork from the attorney. Academy tried to collect for about 6 months but never verified. So what? They will not notify that the account number is changing? What will happen with the pending suit that has the old account number on the paperwork?