Removing Late With Goodwill Letter ??

creditvixen1

I have a TL from Target that is now closed ( its about 5 years old and has been closed for about 3 years or so ) it says "was past due 30 days / now closed , current" Do I send a goodwill letter to them and ask them to remove the 30 day late ? I tried disputing it with the CRA but it came back verified .

Who do I address the letter to ? and how do I find out where to send it? Do I just send it to the same place that a new target applicant would send there questions or to the old address listed on my CR ?

Thanks.

I'd do a search for removing lates, but I think that you may want to enter this one carefully. By disputing with the CRA, you will risk losing the entire tradeline, which may be helping you far more than you realize. If the late is that old, it is probably not hurting you that much anymore. I think someone may need to chime in, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt that much at all when it's over 2 yrs old, especially in a primarily good TL.

As far as finding out where to send goodwill letters, do a internet search for the corporate offices.

Thank you. Yes, it's an old late , so maybe it's not worth disputing. I wouldn't want to lose the otherwise good TL especially if in the grand scheme it's not really hurting alot. I never even thought of them taking the whole TL away because of one late dispute.

I will just try a call or goodwill letter since it was the only late with them. Maybe I will get lucky:)