Help me....What to do from here...

shllby1

You'd want to get an agreement in writing before you pay them to delete the tradeline. There is no requirement they do so simply because you paid it.

The tradeline now reflects it is a paid collection rather than an unpaid collection.

You've lost your leverage by paying them before making an agreement to delete it.

You'd want to get an agreement in writing before you pay them to delete the tradeline. There is no requirement they do so simply because you paid it.

The tradeline now reflects it is a paid collection rather than an unpaid collection.

You've lost your leverage by paying them before making an agreement to delete it.

I have not paid them yet but when I asked them that once its paid will they remove it or take of the negatvie they say by law they cannot alter a CR. I have not done anything yet. I know the TL is mine. I want to get it off my report it was for a gym and it was paid all year long until the very end of my contract when we moved I missed the last 2 payments and now its in collections.

I have not paid them yet but when I asked them that once its paid will they remove it or take of the negatvie they say by law they cannot alter a CR.

The law permits them to delete their tradeline, therefore that's a false and misleading statement in an attempt to collect a debt.

Credit reporting is not mandatory, ergo it is voluntary.

I have heard that.

Do you think I should call the OC and see if I can work out something with them since its been in collection only 3 months? Most OC that I have called wont talk to me they say I have to deal with the CA.

shllby1: The FCRA says only that if a credit furnisher reports a tradeline that it must be accurate. There is nothing in the FCRA that says a credit furnisher must report a tradeline. Therefore, when a CA or an OC rep says that by law they cannot delete a negative tradeline, that is not so. However, the CRAs do not look fondly upon their customers (the CAs and OCs) agreeing to deletion of a negative tradeline in return for payment as it takes business away from them. I've read that the CRAs have occasionally banned a credit furnisher for agreeing to a pay-for-delete. Therefore, some CAs and OCs make it policy not to do them, while others simply want their cash and will do what's easiest to get it. Honestly, I can't see how the CRAs could possibly police the millions of tradelines they process daily to know if a pay-for-delete was involved. I think the only way they could know is if someone called them to say "Hey, in return for my payment the CA/OC agreed to delete the negative info from my reports (or delete the TL entirely). I've paid and have proof, but it's still there. What gives?"

There wouldn't be a UDF if there weren't the ability to delete tradelines, now would there?

Credit reporting is not mandatory, ergo it is voluntary.

You stated the "law permits them to delete their tradeline."

"Permitted by law" has an entirely different legal meaning than "not prohibited by law."

Please cite the statute that permits them to delete the tradeline.

I am going to write some letters out this week requesting PFD on the DV's that came back verified. Does that sound right? I guess asking for a settlement with a pay for delete is too much??:confused: :confused:

I just wanted to know what does PFD stands for.

Thanks in advance

Sjcraw