astra business calling me

chilton1

Hey guy I am having such a bad day.

I got a phone message from astra business. I did not know who they were but I called and found out they were collecting for collect america and providian bank.

Has anyone had experience with them? They are willing to settle. I have not Dv them I will tomorrow.

Hey guy I am having such a bad day.

I got a phone message from astra business. I did not know who they were but I called and found out they were collecting for collect america and providian bank.

Has anyone had experience with them? They are willing to settle. I have not Dv them I will tomorrow.

DV them right away. I am waiting on a DV reply from them.

Is Collect America reporting this debt on your CR?

Astra started calling me last month, claiming to have taken over an account that Collect America had been reporting on my reports. I noticed that Collect America updated the TL to the CRA Nov. 14. This is after Astra claims they have the account.

Good Luck

Yes, Collect America is on my report; they also updated this month. They told me they are willing to settle. I am going to send the letter today. But do I send to Collect America or Astra. Well I will send two.

I contacted them in August about settling the account and i offered $900 then we went to $1000. I told them they had to send me a contract that said paid in full and they would delete from all CRA. Well the supervisor got wind of the deal and called me the same day asked a few questions which she could have gotten the answer from the guy I settle with but he was not there so she called me. I was in a bad mood so i told her go @#$%%. If she had qs she should contact her underling who made the deal.

She wanted all the money at once if they were to take that offer. I told her the agreement was paid over 5 months. she said no deal all at once or none. So i said I have no money, no car, (my car is in my sisters name she has perfect credit) so no assects, Well except my bike which was a $100 and clothes so good luck. You are welcome to my 164,000 in student loans and I hung up.

Now I told them I wont be working after Dec. 31 back to school so I cant afford the 1000 anymore. The most would be $500 or less. He said they would think about it. I am thinking that they may be getting ready to sell the account and maybe willing to take what they can get.

This is the last biggie I have on my report well except an orchard bank card that only shows the OC (Now HSBC). I will ignore that for now since it shows paid althought is was CO and transfered. NY Law with take care of that one.

Interesting thing, I lived in NY for many years and all my bad accounts are from Ny while i was in school. The collect america account is a Providian bank card which was charged off in 2002. I checked my report both TU and Eq. and TU has it to be removed in 4/2007. They are using the NY law that if it is paid it gets removed after 5 years.

Maybe i dont have to move back just to have it removed.

Anyway I will keep you up on what happens with them. This is also my largest CO amount, and the last one i need to deal with.