Bank Garnishment

CarolinaBlueEyes

I have been paying back taxes to the NC dept of rev.. .. I have been making payments and today I open my bank account to find it was cleaned out by them.. i called the rev agent and she said she was going to try to get it released since this should have never happened.. and some bank are more difficut then others..

here is my question.. does this "freeze my account" since I now have a zero balance (they only got about half the amount owed) do they unfreeze this and how fast,, and also what about checks.. will I have fees even if the NC dept of rev asks it be released.. it was quite the shock,, I called the rev agent at 7:30 tonight.. when it hit. she is great and called me right back.. she had NO idea this happened.. and last thing.. will the bank cancel my account over this.

Also I have an autotmatic check that comes in on the 30th will they take that as well. thanks gang.. not sure what the deal is.. NEVER had a bank account touched

You may be able to get some mercy from yoru bank but as a matter of "law", neither the revenue department nor the bank would be responsible for any overdraft fees associated with freezing the account. I would also say that unless they straighten it out right away, your automatic deposit is in jeopardy as well.

The good news is that it sounds as if the person you are working with is on your side so hopefully it will get corrected quickly.

I doubt the bank will close the account; especially if they know the issue shouldn't have happened in the first place.

WOW!!!

Sounds like you have a GOOD bank!

I have and AMAZING bank.. you can even make a deposit as late as 8pm through the ATM machine and it counts for same day..

They got the fax last night around 9.. when I called customer service when they opened at 8.. they said they got the fax and had already refunded the money and the fees.. I looked again and there is was... I thanked her for refunding the NSF fees (which they paid the items so I dont have that to deal with) and the garnishment fee which came out to 195.00.. The items they paid were pre-auth on my card.. they had four paper checks and instead of chagring me NSF fees.. they held them and are going to post them tonight.. btw I am no one special to them.. this is how they do it...she explained they dont charge NSF fees on a garnishment if a check comes through they simply return it to the person it was written too.. so no DOUBLE whammys

She said "why wouldnt we refund them. it wasn't your fault.. every dime was back in my account by 8:15.. between them and the Rev agent who called me back so late and did this.. they acted like real people.. I am thrilled.. and suprised it was that easy

when I called and told the girl the issue.. she looked up the account and said HEY I have good news for you.. HOW often do you hear that... no run around, no BS, one person, one phone call,.. five minutes and this was at the main office not a branch

I admit I have been checking my balance every five minutes.. lol.. make sure is all still there in all four accounts..

I found that I got better service like that when I lived in Raleigh than when I've lived nearly anywhere else.

Well the city I live in is one of the worlds banking capitols and we have so many here I guess they try to stay competitive..the one I bank at is NOT small but not one of the biggies (the rev officer said PLEASE tell me you dont bank at Wachovia they are a nightmare and it can take weeks and they do not return fees) guess she dealt with them before. I did used to bank there.. and everything was some big corporate tie up over there.. especially after the merge with First Union which is why I gave up my accounts there.. good thing I did I guess.. I admit the 8pm deposit feature didnt hurt :)

this is a medium size bank but it still maintains a personal feel and its grown alot over the past few years... I have been very happy here.. and even more so now :)

(the rev officer said PLEASE tell me you dont bank at Wachovia they are a nightmare and it can take weeks and they do not return fees)

Ha! When I moved to NC, one of the ladies at work recommended we not bank there, called it "Walk all over ya." I thought that was pretty funny.