utility bill help credit?

red2t

Sorry. Utility companies don't report to the CRA's. Unless you blow off a bill and then they report it as bad credit. A lot of places don't report the good and timely payments you make, but boy! Just get behind a little and before ya know it they're reporting to the agencies. One of the pisser's of my life! They can ding your scores by pulling your credit reports but they aren't required to report your good payment history if they give you the credit you've applied for. On the other hand, if life happens and you end up missing one payment, they're on you like a vulture and reporting negative info on your reports.

Sorry. Utility companies don't report to the CRA's. Unless you blow off a bill and then they report it as bad credit. A lot of places don't report the good and timely payments you make, but boy! Just get behind a little and before ya know it they're reporting to the agencies. One of the pisser's of my life! They can ding your scores by pulling your credit reports but they aren't required to report your good payment history if they give you the credit you've applied for. On the other hand, if life happens and you end up missing one payment, they're on you like a vulture and reporting negative info on your reports.

Yes, utilities do report, in MI anyway. DTE is on my husband's CR & reports every month.

Yes, utilities do report, in MI anyway. DTE is on my husband's CR & reports every month.
Hey, luv2bhappy, I didn't realize you were also in Hockeytown! Me, too. Go Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers, Lions, and Ignition! :)

I've been a lifelong Detroiter/Michigander and only within the past few months did DTE Energy (fka separately as Detroit Edison and Michigan Consolidated Gas Company) begin reporting on my Equifax report. It still hasn't shown up on EX or TU. I do everything with them online and about six months ago received a message via their website that they were going to begin reporting. Even though they've always been my utility company, they report the date the account was opened as the year I purchased my most recent home 12 years ago and only report payment history for the past two months. Haven't noticed any increase in my score.

Hey, luv2bhappy, I didn't realize you were also in Hockeytown! Me, too. Go Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers, Lions, and Ignition! :)

I've been a lifelong Detroiter/Michigander and only within the past few months did DTE Energy (fka separately as Detroit Edison and Michigan Consolidated Gas Company) begin reporting on my Equifax report. It still hasn't shown up on EX or TU. I do everything with them online and about six months ago received a message via their website that they were going to begin reporting. Even though they've always been my utility company, they report the date the account was opened as the year I purchased my most recent home 12 years ago and only report payment history for the past two months. Haven't noticed any increase in my score.

Yeppers, I live in Metro Crime City, too! :)++ A stone's throw from DTW.

Lived in MI all of my life w/ the exception of the last 2 years spent in PA. Never thought I'd miss MI, but I am so glad to be back!!!!! I missed the WRIF & party stores on every corner :lol: The Miami game pushed DH over the edge w/ the Lions, and he properly disposed his Joey Harrington jersey.....Tigers almost did it, and now I'm holding out hope for the Wings! I love hockey and it's about the only sporting event I will religiously watch on the tube!!

Yes, since we've been back in MI early this spring, is the first time we've noticed that DTE is reporting. Gone are the days of paying on the shut off notice!