dustman

Divemedics credit repair primer

I have a question thar i have searched to death.

In the credit repair primer it advocates disputing all negatives first and allowing the easy ones to fall off. Ok easy enough by the time you get the results 30 days have gone by.

Now divemedic then recommends to Debit validate the remaintind ones and do a redispute with the Bureaus. If they verify but dont validate they broke the law according to that thread and they violated.

How can this be true if the DV wasent sent within the 30 day window. I dont remember the 30 day window of DV being so critical in the past. *(been a lurker here for over a year)

Now if a CA dosent have to cease collection activity after 30 days then wouldent this be in error?

Im honestly trying to understand this so no flaming. Have things changed since last year because the 30 day thing was almoast never talked about before.

BTW i know you can always claim not to have gotten the 30 day notice and the burden of proof is on YOU so is that what was meant?

It has always been critical. See FDCPA ยง 809. Many CAs & JDBs do not mail notices b4 dinging a consumer's CR; therefore, a consumer is unaware of his/her rights to request validation. The dispute process is allowed per the FCRA. Just b/c a consumer sees an inaccurate TL & disputes it doesn't mean that he/she knows to request validation [per the FDCPA]. That is the CA/JDB's job - to notify them of their rights. Yes, there are court cases that state that the CA doesn't have to prove that the consumer received the notice; just that a sufficient method is in place to do so. And I'm sure there are some cases that say that a CA must prove that the consumer received the notice. DV in itself is preparing for a lawsuit. The outcome always lies in the hands of the judge.