Question About "Statement Closing Date"

Wow! Just went to their site, and it's not that cheap ey!

1st Month is Just $24.95

then just $14.95 per month

I guess I'll have to buy the bullet and pay it. :-(

Do you have an Experian report number? If so you can check that report for free as long as you want and as many times a day as you want. Then you can do the TrueCredit "one bureau for $9.95" thing, and for the other bureau get your free report and then periodically dispute stuff so they send you a new report with each result. ;)

I pay for TU every month, check EX through the back door and recycle EQ reports with disputes.

The useful thing about having TC is that you can check your reports daily, and also bump inquiries off TU and EQ.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When there is a will, there is a way!:mrgreen:

What about your scores? You just purchase them from FICO if needed?

Yes. Or you get a Providian, WaMu or GENERIC Juniper card, and they give you a monthly FICO score for free.

I have the wamu business but it only shows my TU score. I'll have to call them and find out if the other 2 are part of it or not. thanks.

No... I've heard some WaMu cards give EX instead of TU, though.

TC is best for the monitoring. When you need to check if something reported, or how it reported, or if there was an inquiry etc. It's the only service that lets you check daily. You only need your scores when you're planning something, but monitoring you need all the time.

WaMu proper has always been an EX puller, such as for overdraft lines of credit and loans and stuff. Providian was a TU puller.

I know. Recent events are confusing that issue, though. This poster is getting a TU score from WaMu instead of EX, which is how it's always been. And Providian recently hit me up with an AR on EX. And wasn't there something else on here a couple of days ago where someone got a WaMu proper card and TU was pulled instead of EX?

They're on to us. We know too much, and they're trying to throw us off.

So let's say you charged $1700 at one point in your C1 career and never went any higher. And this month you paid your balance down to $850 before the statement closed. It will report as 50% utilization... $1700 high balance/credit limit and $850 current balance.

Next month say you don't charge anything but pay another $200 before the statement closes. It will now report as $1700 high balance/credit limit and $650 current balance.

Currently the High Balance on my Crap 1 reports as $1904.

Will it continue to report as $1904 throughout the time I have the card? (I Don't use the card, and don't plan to)

I read somewhere that High Balance only counts for 6 months...

Currently the High Balance on my Crap 1 reports as $1904.

Will it continue to report as $1904 throughout the time I have the card? (I Don't use the card, and don't plan to)

I read somewhere that High Balance only counts for 6 months...

It will continue to report as $1904 until you charge $1905.

I have another dumb question. If you have to wait until the cc reports to the CRA's, wouldnt you end up in some cases paying them interest?

I never said you had to wait until it reported. You can pay it back 30 seconds after it posts to your account online and it will still report as the high balance. I've done it three times.

I never said you had to wait until it reported. You can pay it back 30 seconds after it posts to your account online and it will still report as the high balance. I've done it three times.
This applies to all CC or just Capital One? I was wondering about it on the rest of the cards (I got the C1 down packed thanks to you:) )

I want to use my hooters and amex for daily purchases, gas/groceries, etc. But of course I'd like to pay them before interest hits.

For all the non Cap1 cards, if I buy something, the cc will report as my balance whatever was the highest that particular period or whatever it is at that specific moment. That's what is confusing me because then I would have to wait until it does report so that I can show utilization and by then I would have to pay interest.

I'm sorry, hope I'm not driving you crazy. I've never had these many cards and w/ all different due dates and probably ways in which they report I am a little bit nervous that I'll mess it up. I searched last night under different terms but couldnt really find a post that explained this.

This applies to all CC or just Capital One? I was wondering about it on the rest of the cards (I got the C1 down packed thanks to you:) )

I want to use my hooters and amex for daily purchases, gas/groceries, etc. But of course I'd like to pay them before interest hits.

For all the non Cap1 cards, if I buy something, the cc will report as my balance whatever was the highest that particular period or whatever it is at that specific moment. That's what is confusing me because then I would have to wait until it does report so that I can show utilization and by then I would have to pay interest.

I'm sorry, hope I'm not driving you crazy. I've never had these many cards and w/ all different due dates and probably ways in which they report I am a little bit nervous that I'll mess it up. I searched last night under different terms but couldnt really find a post that explained this.

I was talking about maxing out C1 to get something close to your credit limit to report as the high balance. C1 will report as high balance the highest your balance was at any given moment, even if you paid the bill five minutes later. The most you ever carried at once will report as your high balance until you exceed it.

In my experience, non-C1 cards will report your high balance as the highest statement balance. For those cards, only the reported balance (usually statement balance, but not always... see HSBC) and current balance count in utilization.

I was talking about maxing out C1 to get something close to your credit limit to report as the high balance. C1 will report as high balance the highest your balance was at any given moment, even if you paid the bill five minutes later. The most you ever carried at once will report as your high balance until you exceed it.
Right, that part I got.
In my experience, non-C1 cards will report your high balance as the highest statement balance. For those cards, only the reported balance (usually statement balance, but not always... see HSBC) and current balance count in utilization.
I guess best thing to do is track it on truecredit as you suggested that way I can see when and who does what. I tried last week to register but it asked me to call them, wouldn't register me, and to be honest with you I completely forgot about it until now. Thanks again

I guess best thing to do is track it on truecredit as you suggested that way I can see when and who does what. I tried last week to register but it asked me to call them, wouldn't register me, and to be honest with you I completely forgot about it until now. Thanks again

If you have an Experian report number, you can also use that for real-time monitoring, as often as you want. It won't tell you exactly the day something reports like TC does, but you won't experience the huge time lag, either. TC often doesn't show an update for a week or more after it occurs.

https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=DISPUTE

If you have an Experian report number, you can also use that for real-time monitoring, as often as you want. It won't tell you exactly the day something reports like TC does, but you won't experience the huge time lag, either. TC often doesn't show an update for a week or more after it occurs.

https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=DISPUTE

Awesome, thank you. I just tried it and it worked for experian. I signed up for TU through true credit and will do Equifax as you recommended w/ old reports.

After I signed up with TU I remembered that the Juniper card gives you free credit report and score for TU but you have to be a member for 30 days and also my wamu card gives TU which I'm yet to see because it says it can take up to 6-8 weeks. I will wait to see how either juniper or wamu free reports/scores work and then I'll decide whether to cancel true credit.

LNY, how come you don't use the TU report through Juniper. I thought I read you had a Juniper card. Is it not as accurate as the one from TC?

Awesome, thank you. I just tried it and it worked for experian. I signed up for TU through true credit and will do Equifax as you recommended w/ old reports.

After I signed up with TU I remembered that the Juniper card gives you free credit report and score for TU but you have to be a member for 30 days and also my wamu card gives TU which I'm yet to see because it says it can take up to 6-8 weeks. I will wait to see how either juniper or wamu free reports/scores work and then I'll decide whether to cancel true credit.

LNY, how come you don't use the TU report through Juniper. I thought I read you had a Juniper card. Is it not as accurate as the one from TC?

The Juniper free FICO is only available with a generic Juniper card, not a partner card like mine (Arbor Day and National Parks). The TC membership you can buy on the Juniper site is the same as the regular one.

The free scores are only useful in that they allow you to see a version of FICO that you can't normally buy... the same one creditors base their decisions on. The problem is that by the time you see it, it's at least 3 weeks old... and even older by the time it's updated again. So it's not useful in a practical sense. Right now, if I could even GET into WaMu/Providian's sites (which has been nearly impossible for at least a week), I would only see what my score was on November 1st. That isn't much use to me on Dec. 13th, if I want to apply for something. Free or not, if something can't be used, it has no value.

The Juniper free FICO is only available with a generic Juniper card, not a partner card like mine (Arbor Day and National Parks). The TC membership you can buy on the Juniper site is the same as the regular one.

The free scores are only useful in that they allow you to see a version of FICO that you can't normally buy... the same one creditors base their decisions on. The problem is that by the time you see it, it's at least 3 weeks old... and even older by the time it's updated again. So it's not useful in a practical sense. Right now, if I could even GET into WaMu/Providian's sites (which has been nearly impossible for at least a week), I would only see what my score was on November 1st. That isn't much use to me on Dec. 13th, if I want to apply for something. Free or not, if something can't be used, it has no value.

Oh well, I tried! :-( I can handle $10 a month for TC...will give me something to charge on my hooters... :oops:

Oh well, I tried! :-( I can handle $10 a month for TC...will give me something to charge on my hooters... :oops:

No, you did good!! (sorry, Dire... of course I meant "you did well";) ) Keeping your eye out for alternatives, and ways to beat the system... VERY GOOD!!! :D