CA, how do they buy you're dept?

wantoutofdept

Um, I think you mean debt. ;) There is another thread on this subject somewhere on this site but I don't have time to look for it. OCs and other JDBs don't sell just one account at pennies on the dollar. They sell large portfolios consisting of hundreds or thousands of accounts. Wouldn't be worth their while to sell one account at a time to hundreds or thousands of individuals.

Sorry, I have to ask. As an English major, I'm dying of curiosity.

Is this a regional pronunciation thing? Because I've noticed several posters have used dept when they meant debt. I've never heard a pronunciation that would confuse the two.

I get why some people are confused over you're and your (though they seem perfectly clear to me).

i was just wondering? if your dept is sold at pennys on the dollar, couldn't you buy your own dept? then you would be the CA for it.

there's always a loop hole if you look for it.

I understand what you're driving at. It seems pathetic, doesn't it? If they're willing to sell it to a CA (regardless of however many others they're selling) for pennies on the dollar, you'd think they'd be more willing to settle w/ the debtor for either the amount owed (and a better reporting-because hey, they're getting paid, why continue to bash a persons credit?) or a lesser amount, with a mutually agreed upon reporting. It just isn't very consumer oriented, the way they have things set up now.

Elyse

Um...because nobody is perfect? Also, not everyone can be the ultimate typing wizard.

Elyse

and internet forums don't command the attention to detail as a thesis might or a court pleading.....

i dot'n psell well myself & w/ all do respect don't care much as long as my point gets across.....:rolleyes:

:mrgreen: gave me a chuckle E.normis..............I personally just chalk it up to a senior moment or brain fart:oops: (which happens quite frequently to me)

At my age, I take great comfort in the following bit of trivia:

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

C'mon, folks. All this nastiness over a typo? I'm a writer/editor for a living and I make them. It usually happens because your mind is working faster than your fingers can type. Well, type accurately.

And believe it or not, the more typos you see (and you see a lot on message boards), the more you end up making! I actually wrote "one" instead of "won" the other night!:roll: It's not like I don't know the difference!!:?

On here I tend to ignore typos unless they make the sentence unclear or confusing. Like yesterday someone referred to "border" income instead of "boarder" income, and I edited it for them. But I think we all know what someone meant to say when they type "I want to get out of dept." HOWEVER, "I want to get out of my dept." would have, understandably, led us to think that they want to change jobs. 8-)

C'mon, folks. All this nastiness over a typo? I'm a writer/editor for a living and I make them. It usually happens because your mind is working faster than your fingers can type. Well, type accurately.

Personally, I wasn't trying to be nasty, I was just wondering if I was missing some pronunciation that I'd never heard. I've suddenly seen "dept" for "debt" on several boards, just wondered.

Normally, if people don't try for correct spelling much of the time, I will tend not to read or answer their posts. It just grates too much, but I realize that's a personal thing.

Personally, I wasn't trying to be nasty, I was just wondering if I was missing some pronunciation that I'd never heard. I've suddenly seen "dept" for "debt" on several boards, just wondered.

Normally, if people don't try for correct spelling much of the time, I will tend not to read or answer their posts. It just grates too much, but I realize that's a personal thing.

I think it's just a common typo. And it wasn't you really, just that the general tone of the thread was starting to lean more in the direction of making fun of the poster than helping him/her.

::jacked:: Speaking of the regional "huh?" thing, I have a girlfriend who always referred to buying a new "bedroom suit." I knew she meant "suite," but I never corrected her. Then I mentioned it to another friend, and he asked his wife, who grew up in the same region. Apparently this is common there! Along with "supposably" instead of "supposedly." That one drives me batty, but I hold my tongue.:?

::jacked:: Speaking of the regional "huh?" thing, I have a girlfriend who always referred to buying a new "bedroom suit." I knew she meant "suite," but I never corrected her. Then I mentioned it to another friend, and he asked his wife, who grew up in the same region. Apparently this is common there! Along with "supposably" instead of "supposedly." That one drives me batty, but I hold my tongue.:?

As does my mother saying "warsh." The funny thing about it? She's got a slight Canadian accent from years of living there. Sometimes I tease her by saying, "I'm going to throw this in the warsh, eh?"

One of the things that drives me nuts are these phrases:

"I am wanting to..."

"I am needing to.. "

The proper grammer is I WANT or I NEED... not "I am needing to do this"..

Another one is 'where are you at ?" .. when it should JUST be 'where are you' .. you don't end sentences with "at" !!