Help with judgement

Shad626

I have a judgement againt me from 2002. I pulled my credit report and noticed it on the file earlier this year. I never heard from the oc or the law firm that filed the judgement. I dont remember anything about the case. I went to the courthouse and recieved a copy of the judgement and it is a consent judgement signed by me but i dont remember signing or recieving it. i want to get this off my report but dont know how should i contact the law firm and try to settle for less or can i vacate a signed consent. I am confused this happened 4 years ago and they are just now putting it on my report and have never contacted me even though i defaulted from day one by never making a payment. Thanks

I have a judgement againt me from 2002. I pulled my credit report and noticed it on the file earlier this year. I never heard from the oc or the law firm that filed the judgement. I dont remember anything about the case. I went to the courthouse and recieved a copy of the judgement and it is a consent judgement signed by me but i dont remember signing or recieving it. i want to get this off my report but dont know how should i contact the law firm and try to settle for less or can i vacate a signed consent. I am confused this happened 4 years ago and they are just now putting it on my report and have never contacted me even though i defaulted from day one by never making a payment. Thanks

So, are you saying you didn't sign the consent? Does it look anything like your signature? Well, if fraud occurred and if you're certain this isn't your signature I would think it wouldn't be ideal to offer them a settlement. I would begin investigating this immediately. It smells suspiciously like ID theft of some sort.

Elyse

• 1 month later...