HELP! Help All info gone from equifax!!!

chilton1

XhairX I just pulled my equifax report on Truecredit and all the information except one collections account has dissappeared.

Does that mean i have a split file?xxHellxx

I was having problems a few weeks ago the account was locked. I called them EQ and they deleted about 60 of my soft pulls and one inquiry ( a discover pull) since then no problem I have not even been pulling every day every other day.

:confused:

So I call equifax this morning about my split file.

The guy tried to tell me that the file is split because:

1) file shows my name without a middle name and the other has a middle name need infomation to confirm that both belongs to me.

Ok so tell me please if it were not mine why are they linked bozo why does it come up with that SS#. When did you only use name to identify credit info. And why did my name only become an issue two days ago.

2) I have too many hard inquires. I am so %^&$#^*)_ pissed I want to strangle someone.

So I told the guy I have no hard inquires. He went on to explain to me that if i get my report from a third part it is a hard inquiry and they code it as such. Only the inquires that are initiated through there website is coded as a soft inquiry.

I am livid. Why did requesting my own report create a hard inquiry.

Now they need my SS# and DL to try to combine the report I am going to call them every freaking day until they fix this.

Help me what can I do?

Are they doing something illegal by coding request that I initiate as a hard pull?

So I call equifax this morning about my split file.

The guy tried to tell me that the file is split because:

1) file shows my name without a middle name and the other has a middle name need infomation to confirm that both belongs to me.

Ok so tell me please if it were not mine why are they linked bozo why does it come up with that SS#. When did you only use name to identify credit info. And why did my name only become an issue two days ago.

2) I have too many hard inquires. I am so %^&$#^*)_ pissed I want to strangle someone.

So I told the guy I have no hard inquires. He went on to explain to me that if i get my report from a third part it is a hard inquiry and they code it as such. Only the inquires that are initiated through there website is coded as a soft inquiry.

I am livid. Why did requesting my own report create a hard inquiry.

Now they need my SS# and DL to try to combine the report I am going to call them every freaking day until they fix this.

Help me what can I do?

Are they doing something illegal by coding request that I initiate as a hard pull?

I think that CSR is just mistaken in his interpretation of hard vs. soft, and what generates each. If he was correct, we'd all have hundreds of hards on our reports. But if he IS correct about you having all these hards, it should be simple enough to get them fixed once a human with some knowledge eyeballs them.

LNY, I asked them and spoke with a supervisor and they all told me yes they code them as hard inquires because they are from a third party. My report does say that those are viewed only by me but still EQ codes them as hard inquires.

The only ones that are not coded as hard pulls are the ones that you get at the equifax site.

I was on the phone with them for a good hour because i was asking to have someone else each time explain how my initiating a credit report for my eyes is a hard pull, also how can it be a hard pull when the EQ report says 0 inquires in the last 2 years.

Some how FICO does not use it to ding you credit but equifax does code it as such I am so pissed at them. I think it is some inside EQ bull$$$$.

Well I will keep you guys up to date. I am going to fax the ID informtion and I told them to delete all the information that I initiated.

• 1 month later...

I just got off the phone with EQ cust rep. Since the last two months I have had problems getting my EQ report from EQ.com

Here is the run down.

1) 12/30/2006 alert on EQ saying "name mispelled and wrong type entry"

2) 1/5/2007 EQ sends postal mail requesting me to send them back ss# and utility bill copies to verify my a/c.

3) 1/8/2007 EQ sends email stating they have recieved my docs. It will take 5-8 days.

4) 1/12/2007 EQ sends email saying they are "cancelling my score watch product" as they cannot see my file.

5) Today I call cust rep and ask for updates.

Me: "what's happening to my cr ?"

(after 45 mins on the phone)

Cust Re: "You entire data has been lost and we have no back up of your file. You should not have disputed any information. You disputed your baddies and it took along you goddies too. Start fresh"

What can I do.? Is this a pure start from 0 with EQ for me? I don't know whether I'm mad or dishearted. :( Took me 8 mths to get EQ to 690 .