On reinserts why do we ask CRAs to verify ?

tmac01

My question is if the CA (Midland) has reinserted a neg.acct then why do we go after the CRA ? Is it only because the CRAs have to follow the FCRA guidlines especially the 5 day notice section ? Is it that CAs can report your neg. acct or the neg. acct they say is yours forever and ever until you get sick of them ? In this case its just a loop that never ends :(

I just recently got a reinsert removed, but it was done inspite of the CRA violating the laws regarding reinsertion, not because I succeeded in demanding my rights. I tried and Equifax basically didn't care that it was a reinsertion and reinvestigated.

I think, if I were in a position where the CRA broke the law on reinsertion and I wasn't confident of a rapid resolution, I would probably call the FTC and use their new dispute mechanism.

Others on this board are confident that an ITS to the CRA is the way to go - I'm not sure.

I just recently got a reinsert removed, but it was done inspite of the CRA violating the laws regarding reinsertion, not because I succeeded in demanding my rights. I tried and Equifax basically didn't care that it was a reinsertion and reinvestigated.

I think, if I were in a position where the CRA broke the law on reinsertion and I wasn't confident of a rapid resolution, I would probably call the FTC and use their new dispute mechanism.

Others on this board are confident that an ITS to the CRA is the way to go - I'm not sure.

What is the FTC new dispute mechanism. Where and how do I find it.

Thanks in advance

SJCRAW